Jump to content



Photo

quick question about Gnosis points / and other various noob questions


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mandalorian-M2

Mandalorian-M2

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

 are gnosis points apart of the actions of a unit which generate each turn?

 

or

 

do gnosis points exist in another pool which you take from to boost rolls?

 

 

also i just bought Kirsten and The Colonel and had some questions about their abilities:

 

For Vodka, i understand it is a Reactive range attack, after the opponent gets the charge off and taking some heat from Kirsten, can Kirsten still make a counter attack or dodge?

 

For ABSOLUTE SUPERIORITY, can The Colonel use this against range attacks, and can he still use AP to dodge and counter attack if his opponent passes the Effect 14?



#2 AyoSup

AyoSup

    Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

From my understanding, gnosis are dice replenished per turn (1 per full 100 levels) that can be used to add a d10 to any roll. So they're different from actions and I guess kept in a "gnosis" pool where you can keep track of the amount of d10 you can throw around per turn.



#3 Raith

Raith

    Member

  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:47 AM

AyoSup said:

 

From my understanding, gnosis are dice replenished per turn (1 per full 100 levels) that can be used to add a d10 to any roll. So they're different from actions and I guess kept in a "gnosis" pool where you can keep track of the amount of d10 you can throw around per turn.

 

 

This is correct they are an independent pool that refreshes to max each round.  They can be anytime you roll a die and you may take either (which is important when avoiding doom) not necessarily the highest score.  You can even Gnosis initiative checks for a turn if you want.

Most of my guys tend to set aside a number of D10 to use each round as Gnosis moving them off the table as they are used up.

Vodka can be used as a reaction to a charge and Kirsten can then dodge/counter if she has AP. 

The rule is that you may make as many reactions to an event as you wish just no type of reaction can be used more than once verses a single attack.  I.e you can't dodge something twice or recieve Promethia's reactive +2 defense twice.  This is of course assuming you have the AP to take more than one reactive action.

Absolute Superiority can be used against Ranged Attacks and yes the Colonel can then make a Dodge action should the effect be resisted

- Raith



#4 Mandalorian-M2

Mandalorian-M2

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

 also had a quick question about Olson's Kings Tower:

it says it is a Ki, Effect, Reactive. i understand the rules of this, but what i wanted to know is if a player cast King Tower on Olson against a melee attack, can he then proceed to spend more AP to beef up his DEF forcing the other opponent to roll crit-hit?



#5 Raith

Raith

    Member

  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

Mandalorian-M2 said:

 also had a quick question about Olson's Kings Tower:

it says it is a Ki, Effect, Reactive. i understand the rules of this, but what i wanted to know is if a player cast King Tower on Olson against a melee attack, can he then proceed to spend more AP to beef up his DEF forcing the other opponent to roll crit-hit?

Yes, so long as the additional bonuses do not come from the same power, even if its from a different source.

You could stack Bonus to defense from Yuri with those from Sophia plus the figure could then make a normal dodge.  However that is pretty much verkill on the defense roll as Defense is usually at a base 4 or 5 points higher than an attack.  It would also mean a drain of AP from a number of other figures cutting down what reactions they would have for other situations.

- Raith



#6 Mandalorian-M2

Mandalorian-M2

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

 ah. this is true with the overkill. thanks for the help again. 



#7 Mandalorian-M2

Mandalorian-M2

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

 another question, but this time it has to do with area effects of Ranged Attacks:

 

i understand the rules for melee, but for range, for example through Daniella's Divine Flames:

1. it says when i hit a target (not targets), any target within 3" of hit target suffers the attack. do i need to roll against those other opponents DEF? and do they have a chance to roll for DODGE.

2. or when one get his, ALL get hit without a chance DODGE roll (except for the one who was targeted?)



#8 Raith

Raith

    Member

  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

Mandalorian-M2 said:

 

 another question, but this time it has to do with area effects of Ranged Attacks:

 

i understand the rules for melee, but for range, for example through Daniella's Divine Flames:

1. it says when i hit a target (not targets), any target within 3" of hit target suffers the attack. do i need to roll against those other opponents DEF? and do they have a chance to roll for DODGE.

2. or when one get his, ALL get hit without a chance DODGE roll (except for the one who was targeted?)

 

 

Ok so the way Anima is structured allowsa person to always dodge unless they have no AP left or an ability says otherwise.

For the particular ability you mentioned: When this attack hits the target all units within 3 inches of the target also suffer the attack.

The key to these types of ability is in the grammer, in this case the keyword is also.  This means that any extras effected will be rolling thier defense against your initial attack.  We commonly call this type of damage splash damage. Other abiltiies include the word all which also means the same you make a single attack roll though each opponent effect will get to make a seperate dodge.

Abilities that after striking a single target effect others nearby with an independant roll will instead say. Make an attack i.e. Lunatic Sickle from Deadmoon.  If this attack hits Deadmoon may make a free second attack against an unit within 2 inches of the original target.  Or they will use the keywaord Each as you can see with God's Wrath from Romeo: Romeo makesa free attack against each enemy unit...

- Raith






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS