Photo

Why don't you join the second french League?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

Hello people,

Edge Entertainment, the bunch who edit the french edition of AH, just started their second League. The League is similar to the second spanish League, with some minors changes though. The League will have 10 scenarios and will run from november to june 2011. You need to subscribe to the League before sending your results. Some prizes will be drawn, but might consist in french editions of AH products... Consider yourself warned!

If I get ten positive replies to this message, I'm ready to translate or correct the scenarios already translated by Weyoun. Anyone interested?

#2 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:43 PM

MonsieurPoulet said:

Hello people,

Edge Entertainment, the bunch who edit the french edition of AH, just started their second League. The League is similar to the second spanish League, with some minors changes though. The League will have 10 scenarios and will run from november to june 2011. You need to subscribe to the League before sending your results. Some prizes will be drawn, but might consist in french editions of AH products... Consider yourself warned!

If I get ten positive replies to this message, I'm ready to translate or correct the scenarios already translated by Weyoun. Anyone interested?

The question for me is 'How minor are these changes?'

I'm currently playing through the scenarios of the second Spanish League (yesterday I finished the 4th scenario). Unless the scenarios play noticeably different in the French League, I probably wouldn't be interested. I'm just playing the scenarios for fun, not because I'm interested in prices.

#3 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

jhaelen said:

> The question for me is 'How minor are these changes?'

> I'm currently playing through the scenarios of the second Spanish League (yesterday 
> I finished the 4th scenario). Unless the scenarios play noticeably different in the French 
> League, I probably wouldn't be interested. I'm just playing the scenarios for fun, not 
> because I'm interested in prices.

The second rule is a bit different : an investigator can also keep his money from one scenario to the other. The third rule changes some stuff from the base rules. That's it for now. Only the first scenario is online.

You can also have fun while playing the League and see how good you fare compared to the other teams. The results page is better looking than FFGs. See the results page from the First French League.

As for prizes you could always send them to me .

#4 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

MonsieurPoulet said:

You can also have fun while playing the League and see how good you fare compared to the other teams. The results page is better looking than FFGs. See the results page from the First French League.

As for prizes you could always send them to me .

The modification that you also have to keep your money from the previous scenario actually makes things harder since you are less likely to be able to accumulate a lot of stuff.

I think what would be interesting, and require less work from you would be to just compare the scenarios and investigators from the French League to the ones from the Spanish League and post the differences.

I've found the English translation (available for download from BGG) of the material from Spanish quite good. I don't think it would be worth the effort to translate it all again, if there are only minor differences.

P.S.: Yesterday I finished the fifth scenario with surprisingly little difficulty. Let's see if the sixth scenario (with the custom board!) proves harder today...

(I somewhat doubt it, since the setup seems to favor going for an early final combat against Hastur - but maybe I'll be proven wrong )

#5 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:30 PM

Is there an official something summarizing the rules you're talking about? I didn't play the spanish league yet, and I don't know what rules you're referring too. I'd lik to partecipate to the French league, but I'd like to know something more, when possible!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#6 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:24 AM

Julia said:

Is there an official something summarizing the rules you're talking about? I didn't play the spanish league yet, and I don't know what rules you're referring too. I'd lik to partecipate to the French league, but I'd like to know something more, when possible!

To get a rapid overview of the second French League, download Weyoun's translation of the first scenario of the Spanish League. You will get the Three Rules, which are in addition to the official rules, the first scenario and two custom Investigators needed for the League.

The French League differs a little from that material, butI could keep the non-french speaking participants informed of any changes.

#7 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

Thank you for the link. I skimmed the rules and the scenarios and.. they're pretty tough. I'd be lovable playing them all, but unfortunately this kind of stuff requires some time to be done properly. And I suppose the League has a strict time-table. It's be easier for me playing the scenarios, but without partecipating in the League (it'd have been different if they were comparable to the ones from the first league, but...)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#8 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

Julia said:

Thank you for the link. I skimmed the rules and the scenarios and.. they're pretty tough. I'd be lovable playing them all, but unfortunately this kind of stuff requires some time to be done properly. And I suppose the League has a strict time-table. It's be easier for me playing the scenarios, but without partecipating in the League (it'd have been different if they were comparable to the ones from the first league, but...)

Yep there is a time-table.

And of July for the 10 scenarii I guess.

#9 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

Hugues said:

And of July for the 10 scenarii I guess.

More like 1st of July.

#10 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

After careful thinking and a lot of scheduling excercises, I changed my mind. I'll participate to the league, if it's still possible to subscribe :-)

#11 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:19 AM

Julia said:

After careful thinking and a lot of scheduling excercises, I changed my mind. I'll participate to the league, if it's still possible to subscribe :-)

Sure! You need to send an e-mail at cdelobelle@edgeent.com with the following information :

• Nom de l’Equipe
  • Nombre d’Investigateur dans cette Equipe ( ne peut pas changer durant toute la Ligue !)
  • Nom du Joueur de la Communauté de Edge Entertainment représentant l’Equipe (il doit être enregistré dans la Communauté de Edge Entertainment)
  • Ville, Région et pays de votre Equipe

Which mean :

• Team name
  • Number of Investigators played (this number cannot change for the length of the League)
  • Username in the Edge Entertainement Community (you’ll have to create an account)
  • Location of your team (City, State and Country)

If your french is too rusty, I can help you through your account creation.

I'll get back to you for the first Scenario. The second scenario will be out friday.

#12 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:36 AM

MonsieurPoulet said:

Julia said:

Sure! You need to send an e-mail at cdelobelle@edgeent.com with the following information :

• Nom de l’Equipe
  • Nombre d’Investigateur dans cette Equipe ( ne peut pas changer durant toute la Ligue !)
  • Nom du Joueur de la Communauté de Edge Entertainment représentant l’Equipe (il doit être enregistré dans la Communauté de Edge Entertainment)
  • Ville, Région et pays de votre Equipe

Which mean :

• Team name
  • Number of Investigators played (this number cannot change for the length of the League)
  • Username in the Edge Entertainement Community (you’ll have to create an account)
  • Location of your team (City, State and Country)

If your french is too rusty, I can help you through your account creation.

I'll get back to you for the first Scenario. The second scenario will be out friday.

You're *very* kind, monsieur! I'm going to create the account tonight and start playing as soon as possible :-) In case of need, I'll ask you :-)

#13 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:55 AM

Here are the changes for Scenario 1. The second rule of the Three Rules should start like this:

Common Items, Unique Items, Spells, Skills, Money, Madness and Injury cards</b> are kept from scenario to scenario as long as the player maintains the same investigator […].

The Third Rule replaces some text in the AH rulebook. In the AH rulebook, when an investigator is driven insane or is knocked unconscious, he must immediately choose and discard half of his items and half of his Clue tokens (rounded down), along with all retainers (if any). In the League, he must instead immediately discard all of his items permanently. Period. The investigator keeps his all of his Clue tokens and Retainers.

The Scenario 1 and the two Investigors translated by Weyoun are ok. Good luck... you'll need it for that first one.

#14 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

MonsieurPoulet said:

The Third Rule replaces some text in the AH rulebook. In the AH rulebook, when an investigator is driven insane or is knocked unconscious, he must immediately choose and discard half of his items and half of his Clue tokens (rounded down), along with all retainers (if any). In the League, he must instead immediately discard all of his items permanently. Period. The investigator keeps his all of his Clue tokens and Retainers.
Oh, you get to keep all Clue tokens? I had played that differently - is this a change from the Spanish League or did I just overlook it?

The permanent discarding of items proved to be an advantage in later scenarios since it made it very easy to go through the Unique Items deck, getting those precious Elder Signs. Unfortunately I also had to discard one permanently when an investigator was devoured by Cthulhu in an Other World encounter...

#15 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:56 AM

jhaelen said:

Oh, you get to keep all Clue tokens? I had played that differently - is this a change from the Spanish League or did I just overlook it?

It's a change; you played it right.

#16 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

MonsieurPoulet said:

Here are the changes for Scenario 1. The second rule of the Three Rules should start like this:

Common Items, Unique Items, Spells, Skills, Money, Madness and Injury cards</b> are kept from scenario to scenario as long as the player maintains the same investigator […].

The Scenario 1 and the two Investigors translated by Weyoun are ok. Good luck... you'll need it for that first one.

O-K. I sent the e-mail following your suggestion & created an account on the Edgeent site. Hope to have enroled correctly :-)

Let's start cutting trees ::laughing::

#17 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:56 AM

Scenario 2 is identical as Weyoun's translation. Happy gaming!

#18 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:17 AM

MonsieurPoulet said:

Scenario 2 is identical as Weyoun's translation. Happy gaming!

Wonderful! I still have to try Scenaio 1, thou; anyway, for Christmas / Yule I should have some more time to play. Just a question: I dropped the e-mail with my data at the address you had pointed out, and I asked for a confirmation. At the moment, I haven't received any sign they received my e-mail. Does a way to check whether you are enroled or not exist?

Second thing: how am I supposed to send the scores?

#19 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

Don't know how to check if the registration is okay or not.

For submitting the result, you have to send an email to cdelobelle@edgeent.com.

No form, just put the following data:

Team name
#Investigaros in the Team (must stay the same all along the League)
#Name of the guy representing the team (guess it's Julia :) )
#Town, Country of the Team
Investigators Name (not players)
Devoured Investigators (if some)
Victory Points
#Clues not spend by the Team (not added to victory points).
Terror Level at the end of the game
#Loan not paid back
#Elder Sign used
#Gate Trophies not used
#Monster Trophies not used
#Investigators safe
#Mission and Task successful (for further scenaio i guess)
Investigator name First Citizen of Arkham

#20 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:23 AM

Thank you, Hugues!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS