Strength of Magnets

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 willco

willco

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

I have a 21 month old little girl, and I am worried that the magnets might be strong enough to hurt her little hands. What do you think?

#2 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

Isn't there a warning for childs from 0-3 on the box.

But I dont think the magnets will break bones.

#3 zwobot

zwobot

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:16 AM

The strong magnest have one advantage. If your girl swallows one, you can use another magnet to bring the first one back up :)

#4 Card_Breaker

Card_Breaker

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:03 PM

zwobot said:

The strong magnest have one advantage. If your girl swallows one, you can use another magnet to bring the first one back up :)

Lol, that made my day.

But I don't think it'll be hurting anyone.

#5 Roxas

Roxas

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:47 AM

The only real thing that a magnet could affect would be iron in the blood stream, however i dont think there is a magnet that powerful yet. Your daughter should be just fine.

#6 Hawknight

Hawknight

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

the real question is....can the magnets move other magnets with a table top between them?

#7 JymxRo

JymxRo

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

The magnets aren't that strong.  And they aren't strong enough to hurt anyone's hands, but to to the shape and size they most definitely could be considered a choking hazard.

#8 Antigoth

Antigoth

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

JymxRo said:

The magnets aren't that strong.  And they aren't strong enough to hurt anyone's hands, but to to the shape and size they most definitely could be considered a choking hazard.

And really at that point, Parents should be keeping the game away from those who may choose to eat various parts.

#9 godfeather

godfeather

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:54 AM

Antigoth said:

And really at that point, Parents should be keeping the game away from those who may choose to eat various parts.

Yes. It's so bad when you lose your pieces and you don't know where to find them.

#10 andirueff

andirueff

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:11 AM

the parts will come back, trust me :) but it's a really "****" work to find them

#11 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hawknight said:

the real question is....can the magnets move other magnets with a table top between them?

Maybe not on some people's tables, but my mischevious daughter made the game a little more interesting by holding one of the eggs under the table. The magnet was strong enough to spin the eggs and move them enough to mess me up. It would have taken me longer to figure it out if she had not been giggling so much.

#12 BlackDogSilver

BlackDogSilver

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

magnets are always dangerous if eaten. keep em away from the rugrats.

#13 Christian Lindke

Christian Lindke

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:39 AM

The magnets are strong enough to make the game interesting, but not so strong that they would hurt if they closed in on your hands.

Of the FFG family games, this is my favorite.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS