2 Scouts in the same space?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

I can't find anything in the rulebook which says a Civ would not be allowed to park two Scouts in the same space. Did I totally miss a rule about this, or is it OK? We decided "OK" since we could not find anything prohibiting it.  This allowed one player to gain two coins from the same space.
TK

"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn

#2 Osaka

Osaka

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:30 AM

The scouts let you reroute the contents of the space to a city of your choice.  Having two scouts, therefore, would be of no benefit, as they're not generating the resources, but rather are being a delivery mechanism for the city.

#3 CapnZapp

CapnZapp

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

Yes, even with two scouts that square can only end up being sent to ONE city.

As regards to the overall question: yes, you can have two scouts in the same space. Check the figure stacking rules.

#4 Gustaf

Gustaf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:52 AM

How aboit having your scout in the same area as an enemy scout?

Edit: forget it. Scouts may not enter squares held by enemy units.

#5 Rashley

Rashley

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

If you had 2 Scouts in the same square - legal because of minimum stacking 2 - why can't 1 Scout add the squares resources etc., to 1 city and the other Scout to a 2nd city you own?  Each city does does a seperate action each turn.  Cheers!

#6 Wybird666

Wybird666

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:35 AM

No you cannot - this is clear in the rules.

The rules state that the square containing the scout essentially places that square in the outskirts of the chosen city, and at the same time blockades the square. Thus, although the first scout could send that square to one city, the second scout would then blockade that square from that city. The net result is only one scout can send resources to one city, regardless of how many scouts are in that square.

#7 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

Well as I interpret the rules you can only gather from any map square ONCE per turn regardless of how many scouts you have in it.

The question is if it would be allowed to have your scout figure send production from a square in your city A to your city B. Naturally denying your city A the production in the process. This might be a useful option if City A has more production than they need while city B lass less then THEY need. As I interpret the rules this would be allowed action but it would be good to have an official ruling on it.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#8 MegaBearsFan

MegaBearsFan

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

Fnoffen said:

Well as I interpret the rules you can only gather from any map square ONCE per turn regardless of how many scouts you have in it.

The question is if it would be allowed to have your scout figure send production from a square in your city A to your city B. Naturally denying your city A the production in the process. This might be a useful option if City A has more production than they need while city B lass less then THEY need. As I interpret the rules this would be allowed action but it would be good to have an official ruling on it.

As I described in the topic "Gathering from another outskirts" (http://www.fantasyfl...=1&efidt=423866), I do not believe a player should be permitted to gather from one of their own city outskirts to another of their own city outskirts because:

a.) Both the rule book AND official FAQ only state that a Scout can gather from an ENEMY CITY (which also counts as blockading that tile to the opponent). Although the lack of a specific ruling regarding one's own cities could possibly be a simple oversight, going by a strict interpretation of the rules, this action should not be allowed.

b.) Allowing a player to use a Scout to send the yield from a starred building (particularly a Cathedral) is very exploitative, and allows a single city to easily generate 10 to 14 points of culture in a single turn by devoting to the arts with both Scouts placed on Cathedrals or wonders in that same player's other two cities with a very low risk of attack from another player. Allowing a player to do this would defeat the purpose of having "starred" buildings and wonders being limited to one per city.

If anybody wishes to discusss this further, please do so in the "Gathering from another outskirts" topic. Thanks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS