Koronus Map needs Errata/Update?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 oberonzero

oberonzero

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

While soaking in the wonderful fluff in Edge Of The Abyss, I noticed some of the descriptions of planets' locations and/or planetary designations are....wrong?

1. The original map has Illisk in the wrong subsector (and something as important as a secret tomb world should be placed correctly).

2. The description of Naduesh mentions more than once it is a feral world, not a frontier. (This one is nitpicking, I know.)

3. In the inside cover, there is a planet north/spinward of Zayth and Valcetti's Salvation called Barsavian?

4. Would it be too much to ask for an updated .pdf or .jpg map of Koronus with the newly created planets and anomalies (Siren Star, Jericho Warp Gate, Somnium VIII, SR-651 Breaking Yards) placed accordingly? Yes, I'm aware that the corebook's map is by no means any kind of "official" Imperial standard, but would it hurt to identify the locations to the players (and the GMs!) on the map, since their general location is described? I'm just asking for a bit of graphical representation.

5. WTF is the Septagonic Voids? I'd like a canonical answer since that name is mysterious and driving me nuts.

6. I'm sure I'm missing other mentions.

Am I the only one that loves a good star chart?!

#2 crisaron

crisaron

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:45 AM

Yeap I second that a printable old style like in the cover and one clear like in the Koronus Chapter please!!!!!!

#3 Jhaeyde

Jhaeyde

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:56 AM

I too would like an updated/corrected map if you please.

#4 Kyriotsu

Kyriotsu

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

Fourth'd!

We will provide warm fuzzies for anyone who makes this chart!

#5 Attila-IV

Attila-IV

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:07 AM

Whenever you see a discrepancy in the published material just remember that it isn't a discrepancy at all. The Warp did it.

#6 ItsUncertainWho

ItsUncertainWho

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:36 AM

Attila-IV said:

Whenever you see a discrepancy in the published material just remember that it isn't a discrepancy at all. The Warp did it.

No, no, no....

These things are merely a discrepancy caused by opposing factions in the administratum. Each believes their data is correct and the other side hasn't managed to wipe the oppositions out yet.

#7 Aajz_Solari

Aajz_Solari

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:28 AM

ItsUncertainWho said:

Attila-IV said:

No, no, no....

These things are merely a discrepancy caused by opposing factions in the administratum. Each believes their data is correct and the other side hasn't managed to wipe the oppositions out yet.

... which will certainly cause a bureaucratic war within the Administratum which, by typical Imperial standards, will be settled in as soon as 4-6 millennia. If at all. Which means that you can't trust any update of that map, even if there was any. You can't even trust the version you already know...

#8 Hex77

Hex77

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:41 AM

Fifthing map updates!

#9 professor_kylan

professor_kylan

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

ItsUncertainWho said:

Attila-IV said:

No, no, no....

Our map IS accurate, citizen. Please report to your local Arbites precinct-fortress for correctional processing. You will need to prepare Hymns IV, XII and XVII and notify your next of kin of your absence before arrival. You may wish to bring a packed lunch.

#10 craigpearson81

craigpearson81

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

I would also like to see regular updates to maps.

I only just noticed this the other night, but the map on the inside cover of the rulebook and the one on p339 are inconsistent as to the location of The Hermitage and The Battleground. They seem to have swapped positions in the space of a few hundred pages. Which one is correct?

#11 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:33 AM

I learned of an error firsthand - the introductory adventure tells you that Magoros is in Winterscale's Realm when it's actually on the map in a far different location.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#12 oberonzero

oberonzero

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:53 PM

Though FFG hasn't yet released a new version, a wonderful person here on the forums took it upon his or herself to do EXACTLY what I asked for, presumably without any knowledge that I asked for it. The user "Sketches Of Payne" has a thread with links to a high-res black-and-white map of original creation, extrapolated from descriptions given in the texts published so far.

The thread is found here: http://new.fantasyfl...=3&efidt=417102

I suggest to any reading this thread and sympathizing with my plea, check out that thread and be wonderfully delighted!

#13 Errant Knight

Errant Knight

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

The Koronus expanse represents, what, 8,000,000 cubic light years?  If the stars average 4 ly apart, which seems unlikely at this distance from the galatic core, then there are around 1,000,000 stars on the map, and that doesn't take into account that the galactic disk is approx. 1,000 ly thick, which would increase the number of stars to over 5,000,000!

Why would anyone want additional map information?  Place them where you want.  Place them where the plot for your stories are most convenient.  Canon is mediocre, at best.  GW has never been very accurate with their own material, so FFG can't very well be.

By canon, the Koronus expanse would take about 18 hours to cross.  The time dilation factor would mean that 11 days had passed.  Yet, FFG has many of the voyages taken in their endeavors and modules taking weeks and months.  At what point is canon absurd?  It's all about plot, setting, and device.  Tell a good tale and have fun.

#14 Musclewizard

Musclewizard

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

Errant Knight said:

The Koronus expanse represents, what, 8,000,000 cubic light years?  If the stars average 4 ly apart, which seems unlikely at this distance from the galatic core, then there are around 1,000,000 stars on the map, and that doesn't take into account that the galactic disk is approx. 1,000 ly thick, which would increase the number of stars to over 5,000,000!

Why would anyone want additional map information?  Place them where you want.  Place them where the plot for your stories are most convenient.  Canon is mediocre, at best.  GW has never been very accurate with their own material, so FFG can't very well be.

By canon, the Koronus expanse would take about 18 hours to cross.  The time dilation factor would mean that 11 days had passed.  Yet, FFG has many of the voyages taken in their endeavors and modules taking weeks and months.  At what point is canon absurd?  It's all about plot, setting, and device.  Tell a good tale and have fun.

As valid as this point may be did you really need to resurrect a 2 year old thread for this?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS