Is gold limited to 30 total pieces?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

Is gold limited to just the 30 pieces the game comes with? I'm in the process of combining the useful bits from the old 4e to the Revised 4e. The gold coins seem like an auto include to move over, but I don't want to throw off game balance if there is only supposed to be 30 total gold pieces. I couldn't find it in the rulebook, I only saw that talismans and purchase cards are limited, like always.

#2 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Off the cuff answer.

I belive somewhere it states that if all the Strength or craft counters are gone from the box..You can not get any more.

I would have to parallel that with also gold, and fate tokens as well. (only so much gold was minted)

#3 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

That's what I was thinking, but still not sure. I doubt i will even have a game where it runs out anyway, but it could happen if enough people are playing. Just curious really.

#4 ravachol

ravachol

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

the game is for 6 player max so 5 gold each, it's enough for all the stuff to buy !

#5 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

I suppose that, along with the limited tokens for the other attributes, that it introduces some sort of basic ecomonic vibe to the game. Perhaps something could be enhanced in future expansions.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#6 ravachol

ravachol

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:59 AM

may be there will be some in future expantion

but the goal is double for me :

1- the game is cheaper

2- we must use it, we cannot take too much for later (or to avoid the others to have it !)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS