Dumb Question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Razrael

Razrael

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:58 AM

I know the league has ended, but I have decided to play through it from scratch.

Now I know that you can keep the sam investigators, but can I keep all the items and clues they have accrued on one game and move them to the next, or do they start from scratch again?

Sorry if this has already been clarified.

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:17 AM

If I remember correctly, clues held by investigators are kept. Anyway, everything should be listed here. I'd say that, if it's not stated clearly in this thread, you cannot carry over items

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:13 AM

The french are starting that league those days. And it was ruled that no, you're not keeping your clues.

If you ever read/write french, you can have a look there : http://www.edgeent.c...&efpag=0#130080

#4 Razrael

Razrael

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:28 AM

Thanks for the clarification.

A pity though as I randomly picked Ash Can pete and Mandy and through the game they got properly tooled up with items and spells.

#5 Razrael

Razrael

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:32 AM

Hugues said:

The french are starting that league those days. And it was ruled that no, you're not keeping your clues.

If you ever read/write french, you can have a look there : http://www.edgeent.c...&efpag=0#130080

It is a pity that they didn't write new ones for this, rather than translate the Spanish ones

More scenarios are a great way to keep the game fresh.

#6 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

Julia said:

If I remember correctly, clues held by investigators are kept.

Not quite. In the first couple of scenarios (2 through 6, I think) you start without any clue markers. However, you get to put those left over from the previous scenario at some location and can get them instead of having an encounter. The later scenarios work as normal.

And no, you never get to keep your items - that would make the game way too easy.

#7 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

jhaelen said:

Julia said:

If I remember correctly, clues held by investigators are kept.

Not quite. In the first couple of scenarios (2 through 6, I think) you start without any clue markers. However, you get to put those left over from the previous scenario at some location and can get them instead of having an encounter. The later scenarios work as normal.

And no, you never get to keep your items - that would make the game way too easy.

Well, in the 2nd spanish league, there are 3 specific rule. The second one starts with, i'm quoting: "Common Items, Unique Items, Spells, Skills, Madness and Injury cards are kept from scenario to scenario as long as the player maintains the same investigator"

I think you're referring to another league.

#8 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

jhaelen said:

Yeah, right! Thank you for bringing memories of the past back to me :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#9 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hugues said:

I think you're referring to another league.

Ah, yes, apparently. I was thinking of the (English) Summer League 2009. Sorry about the confusion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS