• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

Hello,

So I finally got my Talisman Revised 4E and Reaper in the mail today, and quickly opened it and started going through stuff. At first I saw the plastic tray in the core game and thought "sweet, slots for up to like 6 more decks worth of cards!" Right away though I then noticed, no, the cards do not fit in those slots because of the jut outs in them.

So, what are they for? Are the cards just supposed to sit on top of the jut outs? Seems stupid since all that space under them will be wasted. Is something else supposed to go in those that I am just not realizing? This is driving me nuts. Even the Reaper set would take up 3 of the 6 extra slots if I just set the cards on top of the jut outs. What the heck. Is everyone else's tray's like this? What goes in there and why wouldn't they just have them like the two normal card slots??

Or maybe I'm missing something completely?? Help!

#2 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

Ok, so after looking at it further I guess the cards are supposed to be divided out by type like they were in the normal 4E. But this still seems wierd, since after you put Reaper in there all 6 of the little slots are already taken up and the 2 big ones are almost full with Adventure cards. It seems like maybe only 1 more expansion would fit in this. I thought I read somewhere that they designed the tray to hold many expansions or something? I guess it just seems kinda wierd that those 6 slots just don't go all the way down. Would've been room for tons of expansions in there. Idk, it's just wierd.

Everything else seems cool though. I've played Talisman a ton in the past, so there's nothing really new here except the Reaper, but just the act of opening a fresh Talisman box is making want to play it right now.

#3 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:34 AM

These pictures were posted over at BGG to show people how the trays are supposed to work -

(edit) I see you have figured it out, but I might as well leave them here!

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#4 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:48 AM

talismanisland said:

These pictures were posted over at BGG to show people how the trays are supposed to work -

Oic, good call with the cones under the cards. Still, would've been nice if after like 1 more expansion we all didn't have to find a new solution for the cards. :( What did you used to do for all the tons of cards you must've had for the other editions, especially after tons of homeade sets?

Thanks TI.

#5 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:00 AM

I learned to be more discerning and not print so many out!

I guess if I decide to go ahead and use "real" cards with stickers applied to make home made stuff for the Revised 4th Edition I will have to find a solution. As I will be destroying a set of Talisman for donor cards, I guess I will be able to perform cosmetic surgery on the tray too.

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#6 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

There is always the old standby...

Pulle out the plastic thingy, and get a big pack of zip-lock baggies.

You never know, it may help you out when you spill your drink into the game box!! (not that that ever happend to me!)

#7 Carrion Prince

Carrion Prince

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

You can turn the adventure cards upwards so they are stacked the tall way. This gives you enough room to fit 2 or 3 more expansion packs.

#8 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

I think FFG should make cardboard boxes (and for that matter, card sleeves) that fit these tiny cards that they use for every game. That would be pretty sweet, and I think a lot of people would buy them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS