Having encounters in starting locations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

I've seen this proposed on BGG. Does anyone play like that? Instead of starting the game at the Mythos phase, why not start it  at the Arkham Encounters phase? Makes sense thematically, I think. All investigators begin their adventure at a certain location for a reason. Why not  let them have an encounter on Turn 0? Some investigators will have a clear advantage over others, obviously(say, the Photographer).

#2 Veet

Veet

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

I have also seen this proposed here before, I see no reason not to if you want.

#3 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

Well, thematically, I see the investigators getting involved BECAUSE of the first mythos. They're just going through their standard routines until, all of a sudden, weird things start happening and they begin investigating.

#4 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

yes that is a variant tht is used to imprved the number of stable encounters. I included it into "A shadow from the past", a guardian you can see at:

http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/yy72/amikezor/Arkham/?action=view&current=AShadowFromThePast-Guardian.jpg

best

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS