displacement????

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rexaroo

rexaroo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:12 AM

what is the use of the spell "displacement"?  

i mean, why is this spell in the deck?  it doesnt seem to have any use as you cant pull useful things to your space or across regions.

thanks.  

#2 Atheral

Atheral

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:22 AM

Well I'm new here and to the game in general but I can give an example that occured just last night. There was one counter left on the Magic Stream and the Knight had just picked up his one spell thanks to the book of spells he used displacement to shift the Magic Stream out of the Warriors movement range and into his own thereby thwarting the warriors hopes of an additonal bonus and with a lucky roll secured it for himself.

#3 rexaroo

rexaroo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:34 AM

thanks atheral.

we had it come up last night too, but the guy who was using it was upset when he tried to pull the pool of fate to him and then found out he couldnt.  i'll just explain that its a deny-others-cool-things spell.  i think he should be fine with this explanation.  

thanks!!

#4 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

It came in real handy under the affects of the Blizzard.

I had the spell, someone drew the Blizzard, and zoom!  over to me came the Runesword!!

Moved 1 space, and the blood was coursing through my veins!!!!

#5 Carrion Prince

Carrion Prince

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

If two monsters on are the same space like in the hidden valley or ruins then you can separate them by moving one of the monsters to a different space. Then you can fight them one at a time instead of them combining their strength.

#6 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

Or you can take away annoying cards from spaces you need. For example, if you're the Elf you don't want a Dragon or the Maze or the Witch on one of your Woods, I think.

If played wisely, it's a good spell, better than Destruction, because you may also disturb other player strategies (if someone else is playing the Elf, you may put some bad permanent card in the Woods to upset him).

#7 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:57 AM

Something like moving the Leper to a "healing" space, like the Chapel, could be advantageous too...

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#8 rexaroo

rexaroo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:02 AM

yay!!!  

thanks guys and gals.  these ideas are all great!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS