Superhero Game

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gicih

Gicih

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

I have never come accross a decent superhero Game, probably due to licensing issues, but I think the world needs one. Anyone got any ideas about it, please add your thoughts.

#2 Gicih

Gicih

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:18 AM

Let me Oultine how I see it in my head.

The Board will be a city, top down view, with major locations highlighted, such as airport, science labs, power station, etc. Perhaps even make the board modular so that each time the city is different

Each Player will have a blank hero and will either be able to pick powers based on their type of hero (ie alien, power suit, mutant etc) or could have powers randomly allocated at the beginning of the Game.

Every few turns a disaster card is drawn, such as Fires, Bank Robberies, super villain activities, etc. The Heroes have to work together to make sure the city isnt destroyed, at the same time stand out by completeing the most disaster cards.Winner is the most famous Hero after a certain number of turns, or disasters.

Maybe even there could be a card that turns one of the players into a supervillain and his job is to destroy the city.

Anyway thats the start of an idea. Add or subtract to the idea as you wish, or even create an entirely new idea.

#3 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

Wizkidsgames already makes a super heros game called Heroclix.   So any superhero miniature game that FFG comes up with likely would not be allowed to include the traditional or well known superheros like Superman, Batman, the X-Men, etc. etc. because it's already being done.  I'm not sure the public would take a shine to just a generic superhero type game.  People like their iconic and traditional superheros.  It's not a bad idea mind you.  It's just been done already. 

#4 Smoo

Smoo

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:33 AM

How soon we forget Marvel Heroes. I still like playing that once in a while, I think it was a good design.

#5 Gicih

Gicih

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

I agree with the fact that a generic superhero game is hard to market, but video games like inFamous and city of heroes have managed to get the public's interest. I think its possible to create a good generic hero board game that people would enjoy.

#6 Admje14

Admje14

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

On this note, whatever happened to Marvel Heroes?  I still have a copy, which I enjoy playing periodically, but I noticed that it has vanished from the FF website.  Anyone know why?  For the generic superhero game, I would be willing to give it a try.  It could possibly have some similarities with Runebound in a leveling system but where you are receiving superpowers instead of normal stats in some way.

#7 TheShadow

TheShadow

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

I think there is definitely a market for superhero boardgames. There are tons of super rpgs and superhero miniatures games, but not really any board or card games. I think FFG could do something interesting with it, whether it be something similar to descent (ooh...that would be cool) or an LCG or card game, or some kind of cooperative game. I would probably buy something like that.

#8 TheShadow

TheShadow

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

Threadkill +1! The Black Sword strikes again, leaving his foe in anguish and pain. Fear the Dragon-Helm, Master of Doom!

What are some inspirations FFG should draw from for any superhero games? Should they go a dark, serious thing like the new Batman (Codified amazingness) or something more lighthearted, a la 60s Batman (holy flying torpedo, Batman)? I don't know about you, but either would be cool. As long as all characters gain +1 Bat-Shark Repellant. And what mechanics would be most important?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS