Nascent Tech-Priests

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dartneis-Is-Back

Dartneis-Is-Back

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

Is there any perticulary reason why Tech-Priests can't become Nascent Psykers?

Is it just me, or missed something in the fluff about this?

#2 Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

Is there an official, canon reason?  I don't think so.  However, I think all of their implants and mechanical upgrades mess with the possibility of them becoming a psyker.  I know they can be possessed, however.  But over all, I think they tend to keep the two separate.  Perhaps the Mechanicus scans for psychic potential at the time of induction?

#3 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:36 AM

Dartneis-Is-Back said:

Is there any perticulary reason why Tech-Priests can't become Nascent Psykers?

Is it just me, or missed something in the fluff about this?

As far as I know, it's deliberately left mysterious as to why a Mechanicus Psyker is unheard of... there just doesn't seem to be any.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer,Ark of Lost Souls, and Hammer of the Emperor

I no longer write for, or am employed by, Fantasy Flight Games in any fashion. All of my comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of any employer, past, present, or future.

#4 Snidesworth

Snidesworth

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:39 AM

Scourge the Unclean has an example of a psyker tech-priest. Sort of.

Spoilers Ahead:

When he joined the Ad Mech they removed the part of his brain that let him use his powers. Of course, that didn't stop him from getting possessed later on.

#5 Charax

Charax

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:05 AM

The only example of Adeptus Mechanicus psykers I can think of are the machina-mentors, but they tend to be disliked and not trusted by other Mechanicus

Oh, and the Transmats, of course, but they'd hardly make good player characters

#6 Dartneis-Is-Back

Dartneis-Is-Back

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:48 AM

Ah thanks for the replies, that makes a lot more sense now.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS