• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rasiel

Rasiel

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

hi,

1) can Dracula use DB on last card on his trail ? Rules doesnt forbid this, but it seem little weird, since he doesnt "cross" his trail by staying in same city ... but i suppose it is a correct move anyway?

2) When Dracula is forced to tell his next move, lest say the day/night marker is on second place at Day, so two moves is neccesary to night, can Dracula say he would use Wolf Form (or any other power card usable only at night) and say he move with this to city 2 spaces away ? Assuming he has Event card that lets him move day/night marker one space forward... And in a situation the hunters cancel his event card, he can move whereever he wants, since the effect that forbids him to do the "promised" move comes from hunters?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

Hi Rasiel,

honestly, it seems to me a little weird to using a Double back to remain in the same city. I've skimmed the rules searching for something at this regard but I haven't found almost anything. Anyway, I'd play that if you want to stay in the same city you actually are, you have to play Hide (or another power forcing you not to move, like Feed or Dark call), using Double back only for different cities. I think this is the reason why Kevin created two different powers with different effects, but anyway, this is only my feeling about this. Besides, Double back wording refers only to "crossing the trail", which should imply a movement

As far as the second point is concerned, I'm with you. When forced to declare his next movement, in case Dracula wants to use a power, he has to declare both the new location (if there is any) and the power used. If this is possible only through the use of an event card, and that event card is cancelled by the hunters, then he is free to move normally wherever he wants. Or, at least, this is the way I understand it

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Jervon

Jervon

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

For the first qustion I would say no. No becouse ou have to make a legal move, And moving means changing position. So i think that for staying i the same location you can only use hide, dark call, feed... dont remember for the moment that there are orker cards thaht will let you stay but double back played in the way you said is - IMO - illegal.

Second question is like the Julia said.

#4 Rasiel

Rasiel

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

Jervo: There is nothing in the rules saying you have to move. The wording is this :

"Dracula must play a card during
his Movement Phase, although he has
certain Power cards that can allow him to
remain in the same location."

So, you are only instructed to play a card, not to strictly move. Wording on DB power card also doesnt specify the card you take from the trail cannot be the last card. It is definetly another Question for the FAQ section, because it is not strictly covered by the rules, but Power Card name suggest you cant use it to stay in place... but what you feel, and what rules says, are two different things. You cant always agree with the rules, but it is how is game designed and balanced ... every "feelings" changes this balance and can alter the difficulty.

Another example from Runewars there is an objective card (for good side) that say "All triangle neutral units must be allied with players". And in FAQ is stated that this objective can be fulfilled even if there is no neutral triangle units on the board. So instead of being "a good guy" who seeks allies, you can kill all those units to complete it. And my feeling about it is that this quest shouldnt be completed by killing if you play good side. And leave killing to undead and chaos evil sides...but ... rules says you can ... so we play that you can do it this way....

#5 Jervon

Jervon

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:08 AM

Rasiel, hmm... you may be right. I did not had the rulebook at the time but there is nothing about moving to another location. I is a good question. And I would qoute another rule from page 11:

"Note: Dracula also has five Power cards that
he can use instead of making a normal move.
These are explained in “Dracula’s Powers,” on
page 20."

#6 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:11 AM

Rasiel said:

1) can Dracula use DB on last card on his trail ? Rules doesnt forbid this, but it seem little weird, since he doesnt "cross" his trail by staying in same city ... but i suppose it is a correct move anyway?

I think that's perfectly legal.  A bit odd, but otherwise fine.  It should be pretty obvious to the hunters what you've done, so it wouldn't be wise to do this if they were getting close to you.  It also means your DB card will be out of commission until it drops off the trail.  If you're all out of other cards like Hide or Feed, then fine, but otherwise I'd say use a different card and save DB in case you need it.  That's a question of tactics, though, not whether it's legal.

Rasiel said:

2) When Dracula is forced to tell his next move, lest say the day/night marker is on second place at Day, so two moves is neccesary to night, can Dracula say he would use Wolf Form (or any other power card usable only at night) and say he move with this to city 2 spaces away ? Assuming he has Event card that lets him move day/night marker one space forward... And in a situation the hunters cancel his event card, he can move whereever he wants, since the effect that forbids him to do the "promised" move comes from hunters?

Yes, I'd say that's fine as you wrote it.

Another question (the answer to which I am unsure) is whether or not Dracula would be required to reveal his Event card to explain how his declared action will be legal?

I think the answer is no, all he would have to say is what his next move will be, and assure the hunters that he has the means to make it legal.  If it was later proven that he was lying about having said means (ie: he didn't really have the event card, just pretended he did), of course, then he would be cheating and lose his turn when he failed to make the "legal" action he had declared.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS