4 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hi everybody,

I started playing with continuity Doom only in recent times, and after some games there are still a couple of things I do not get; and sorry, I know probably all the following points have been already answered. Anyway:

1. Watchful. The text states that "figures with the watchful ability may immediately take one free attack against any enemy figure that moves into an adjacent space". So, everything's fine, in case a marine enters a space adjacent to my Demon, I have a free attack against the marine. But what if the marine is standing on the spot adjacent to the Watchful invader and declares Unload? May I attack him before every attack? I'd say yes, but the wording "moves" seem to suggest something different ::confused::

2. Grenade: are invaders considered "blocking obstacles"? I mean, I had two marines in a corridor, side by side. In front of them, a Demon and a Zombie. A marine wanted to make a grenade explode in the empty space behind the zombie, hitting both monsters. Was this possible? Again, I'd say yes, but wanted to be sure. In case the attack hits, since the blast attack's damage spreads over spaces oversized invaders are damaged twice from the same attack (4 times in case of 2-square radius blasts)?

Thanks a lot!

Julia

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 shnar

shnar

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

1) No, Watchful only happens when the enemy moves, just as it says. If a marine is standing next to the demon the whole turn and never moves, the demon does *not* get a watchful attack.

2) Yes, that is played correctly. Figures block LOS and so normally you cannot attack the space behind the invaders. However with a Seeking attack, you don't need LOS to the square, it just has to be withing range (i.e. 8 spaces).

Good gaming :)

-shnar

#3 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

Thank you Shnar for answering to my questions! Everything has sense, indeed. Just a point you didn't answer: a 2-spaces invader will be damaged twice by the grenade, since the blast attack influences spaces? I'd say no (even if attacking spaces, the description of a blast attacks refers to damaging figures), but I'm not so sure

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

Not from a Blast attack, you apply the full damage of the roll to each figure/token within in the blast (not full damage on individual space). Large Invaders can be hit twice with Blow-through.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:59 AM

Dam said:

Not from a Blast attack, you apply the full damage of the roll to each figure/token within in the blast (not full damage on individual space). Large Invaders can be hit twice with Blow-through.

Yep, ok, got it! Thx Dam!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS