• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 7times7is49

7times7is49

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:22 AM

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask FFG if there was any new news concerning these two much anticapated releases--hopefully prior to the holidays...

#2 MrDoomZ

MrDoomZ

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:07 PM

Oh please! Oh please! Oh please!

#3 KlausFritsch

KlausFritsch

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:16 PM

Waiting as well....

#4 darkpaladin45

darkpaladin45

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:32 PM

I am interested as well.

#5 zwobot

zwobot

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:53 AM

Will the production run include foreign languages also? Or do we need to wait for the second printing to grab it ?

#6 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:35 AM

im anxious to hear something new as well

#7 Luftwaffe Flak

Luftwaffe Flak

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

I dont even own the game yet (working on a trade) but I am looking forward to the book!

#8 Gallagen

Gallagen

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NORMANDY

if you hadn't noticed :)

Although i still have to get days of the fox (yes i know...)

#9 derros87

derros87

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

Gallagen said:

I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NORMANDY

yea me too!!! :)

#10 ISDSharpe

ISDSharpe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:01 PM

Very curious as to the 'mega multi-player' scenario requiring two copies of Tide of Iron...very tempted to buy a second copy in preparation (now THERE's trust!)

... or obsession :-)

Cheers!

Ian

#11 Maus

Maus

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:47 AM

ISDSharpe said:

Very curious as to the 'mega multi-player' scenario requiring two copies of Tide of Iron...very tempted to buy a second copy in preparation (now THERE's trust!)

Cheers!

Ian

Don't buy a second copy just yet.  There was talk on the BoardGameGeek website that there will be map packs available for ToI that have updated art and better color.  I'd wait to see what the scenario looks like and possibly purchase the map pack if that is the direction ToI is going.  I'm guessing it will be kind of like the Epic expansion for Battlelore.

My 2 cents.

Maus

#12 sloejack

sloejack

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:50 AM

While I agree with 7times7is49 about waiting and seeing on the scenerio requirements, according to the boardgamegeek the map pack release is almost 6 months later than the designers series book.  fortunately a friend and I both have sets so we'll be ok.

#13 Scragnoth

Scragnoth

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:31 AM

As an answer to my question about the release of these expensions, Jeremy Stomberg replied:

"We expect both to be on US store shelves by Christmas, but cannot promise that they will be available in Europe at precisely the same time."

#14 Norm

Norm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:21 AM

hmmm ... can't wait !!!

#15 Havoc 6

Havoc 6

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

Mega-multiplayer scenario...? Where did you read that? Could you direct me?

#16 Scragnoth

Scragnoth

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:48 PM

On the page http://new.fantasyfl...p?eidm=8&esem=2   you will find the text:

The Tide of Iron: Designer Series is an incredible addition to the Tide of Iron base game, offering a whole new level of depth and historical context for players to enjoy.

* Scenarios vary from short, fast-play skirmishes to massive tactical battles.
    * Historical backgrounds and anecdotes for each scenario written by the scenario designer.
    * Several scenarios incorporate the North Africa Days of the Fox Expansion.
    * One epic scenario which requires two copies of Tide of Iron for a massive, multiplayer experience.

#17 kasi36

kasi36

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:38 AM

Hello!

1. I am very interested in Normandy and informations about it (maybe the rulebook of this expansion online?) Then i know, what the game components are and which rules comes forth with it.

2. I looked at the description of the Designer Series and read about the mega-scenario. Because i won't buy a second box, i was not interested in this scenario, but if this scenario can be played with the terrain-expansion, then i would be very appreciated :-)

Hope more informations about the upcoming products will soon be online

Greetings from Germany,

Kasi

#18 d.duguay

d.duguay

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:49 AM

Maus said:

ISDSharpe said:

Cheers!

Ian

Don't buy a second copy just yet.  There was talk on the BoardGameGeek website that there will be map packs available for ToI that have updated art and better color.  I'd wait to see what the scenario looks like and possibly purchase the map pack if that is the direction ToI is going.  I'm guessing it will be kind of like the Epic expansion for Battlelore.

My 2 cents.

Maus

That has been confirmed. Not sure how I feel about the new art and updated tokens though. It's not like we needed it!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS