Between all three LCGs...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nhowell83

nhowell83

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

...which one is the easiest to teach a new player?

#2 Time 2 Roll

Time 2 Roll

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

I would say Warhammer Invasion, simply because there is really only one icon that new players have to keep track of and that icon works for everything.

#3 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:07 AM

Warhammer is the easiest to teach, but I think the other two may be a bit more fun depending on what kind of player you and they are. I like all three. CoC is fun in its weirdness, Warhammer in its numerous branching decision tree, and Thrones because of the open ended strategical though it requires.

#4 Post Monster

Post Monster

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

Mechanically how are each different?

#5 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

All 3 games are quite different. You'd likely get a better picture of how they differ mechanically from watching the demo videos than from anything we could tell you.

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#6 Kitsune Rei

Kitsune Rei

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

The new LOTR LCG is really easy to pick up and learn. I've only played WH:I other than that, and I'd say its easier than that. Part of it is you're playing against a deck instead of against each other (and the enemy deck is pretty easy to run), and the starter set has fewer player cards so its easy to learn them, though I think the game is also fantastically fun.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS