So I played 2 games today and both were a little ...... strange, in a totally awsome and fun way..
I'll try to summerize the highlights in as few words as possible.
Our First game Had Pete, Fine, Murphy, and Marie. You'll notice that we mostly had spell casters (thank god no eclipses).
1. Marie got the tap to auto pass a spell check, spend focus to untap skill. She also got the Marking of Issis spell (auto pass horror check 1 handed) and mist of R'lye (auto pass evade check). This meant that no matter what fight I got into I could auto evade it or auto pass the horror check (and still have 2 hands to use to fight).
2. Murphy was in and we managed to get both press passes (it's raining clues, hallelujah it's raining clues).
3. I pulled off the Legendary combo of Voice of Ra and using Call Asure Flame, and Shriveling while blessed giving me +11 dice that succeded on 4s and counted double on 6s. It felt amazing.
We Naturally Won this game by sealing. We were making so many extra clue tokens we probably would have had no trouble putting Haster away. We actually were fighting Yoggy.
Second game We had Simmons, Morgan, Lilly, and Jack in. You'll notice that 3/4 have Stamina maxed at 7 while the last has a max of 6. Who is our AO? Why Ithaqua (Randomly Selected after we got our investigators). You know the one that does tons of Stamina Damage. Right off the bat I knew things were going too well.
1. Jack managed to start with the one Item I wanted him to have most of all, That +2 to horror checks Skull item (forget its name). He also started with +1 speed skill and managed to get another +1 speed skill from a tome. He also got +1 Will from completing a rumor.
2. We completed another rumor giving everyone a unique item. Everyone got perfect items for themselves. Morgan and Simmons got powerful weapons. Jack got the Dole Chants (Ally tome). Lily got a healing stone.
3. Due to the Black goat herald we had tons of monsters everywhere but everyone was very well equiped to kill them and many items were passed around every turn.
4. Through a mix of a Retainer and Endless Greed, Jack was so loaded he had enough money to buy 3 elder signs($15), 1 sword of glory ($8) and complete 1 rumor that needed $4 per person ($16 in total). Naturally Jack spent most of the game getting money and fishing the deck.
5. Right before sealing gate #6 the first time we had a gate burst stoping the victory. Right before sealing gate #6 the second time we got 6 gates open on the board. 4 of which were in the completly neglected Dunwich. x_x
We obviously went to the final battle where we lost 9/13 useful weapons/items. We more or less stuffed all the weapons not lost into someone with Grapple (13 blessed dice per turn). We were all full health at the time (7, 7, 7, and 6) meaning he needed a minimum of 3 hits (2 stamina at a time) to kill anyone. He only managed to hit once though he got Lily down to 4 stamina as she healed her sanity so she could use an Asure Flame spell.
If you've gotten this far thanks for reading. It was a fun pair of games where everything just seemed to be going well.