Multiple Powers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CrystalNinja

CrystalNinja

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

I just finished running the Extraction mission and had a question, are Librarians able to use multiple psychic powers in one turn? My player who is using a Librarian wanted to and I told him he could so long as he took a -20 penalty on both focus power tests and so long as both powers only used a half action. Was I wrong to allow this? I can't seem to find the rules for using multiple powers in one turn in the book.

#2 KommissarK

KommissarK

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

The rule that wasn't being used is that a character can only perform a specific action once per turn. In other words, after he uses the "Focus Power" action, he can't do it again (even though it might be a half action). So you can't do two standard attack actions in the same round. This is also why the move action specifically states you can do it twice, or that we refer to a "full move" and "half move".

If you want to keep you're own mechanics, -20 on continued actions of the same type seems fair though, a good way to encourage players to do other stuff with their actions.

#3 CrystalNinja

CrystalNinja

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Thank you, I thought that was what the rule just wanted to clarify.

#4 Nimon

Nimon

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

Ya I think you made a fair ruleing there, change the rules how ever you like just stay consistant that is my #1 rule. Book is just a guidline and I let my players know that on day 1.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS