Using Tide of Iron terrain in BL?!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aegis

Aegis

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:17 AM

Hay, I just had a stange temptation and I wonder if anyone else has tried it.  I own both Battlelore and the Tide of Iron base set (got Toi for dad for x-mas), and I wondered if the terrain tiles were the same size.  They are!  And they look really great, too.  I still prefer the rivers from BL (more to scale), but the hills and woods from Tide of Iron look much more realistic.  Plus, many of the tiles are multi-hex, so if they fit into what you need for a scenario, they won't get jostled apart.    

And the best thing.........Toi tiles give you both single- and double- hex buildings!  Now I can design some custom scenarios where the armies are fighting over a village or town.

#2 Aenea

Aenea

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

Hmm, should try that sometime... I already was planning on creating scenarios which use Memoir 44 tiles, same size too... Plus, I'm kinda hoping FFG will make new boards too, like a winter board ala M'44, like so: macha.aeneagames.com/wip/screenshot3.png

Aenea

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS