21 replies to this topic

#1 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:49 PM

Wasn't sure if people still cared about getting these but here goes, anyway:

===========================================================================

Dwarf Unit - Grombrindal's Elite - 3R, 2D, 1P, 3HP - "Warrior. Elite. Lower the cost to play this unit by 3 if a zone is burning.  This unit gains 1P if a zone is burning."

Dwarf Support - Rune of Resistance - 1R, 3D - "Attachment. Rune. Attach to a target Dwarf unit. If attached unit would be destroyed, sacrifice this attachment instead and remove all damage from that unit."

Empire Unit - Friedrich Hemmler - 5R, 2E, 5P, 5HP - Unique. "Hero. Mage. Limit one Hero per zone.  FORCED: When this unit is opposed in combat, deal 1 uncancellable damage to all attacking and defending units."

Empire Unit - Knights Panther - 2R, 1E, 1P, 2HP - "Knight. ACTION: Spend 1 resource to give this unit 1P until the end of the turn. (Limit twice per turn.)"

Empire Support - Higher Ground - 1R, 2E - "Environment. Battlefield. ACTION: When a Knight unit enters this zone, that unit gains 1P until the end of the turn."

Empire Tactic - Tactical Misdirection - 2R, 2E - "ACTION: Choose a zone. Units in that zone may defend any zone this turn."

Empire Quest - Forges of Nuln - 0R, 2E - "Quest. Lower the cost to play the first support card you play this turn by X, where X is the number of resource tokens on this card.  Quest. FORCED: Place 1 resource token on this card at the beginning of your turn if a unit is questing here."

High Elf Unit - Dreamer of Dragons - 3R, 1HE, 1P, 3HP - "Mage. Elite. ACTION: This unit takes 1 uncancellable damage.  If it does, it gains 1P until the end of the turn."

High Elf Tactic - Courage of Aenarion - 1R, 2HE - "ACTION: Restore all corrupt units that you control."

Neutral Unit - Doomsayer of Morr - 3R, 1P, 3HP - "Warrior. Order Only. ACTION: When an opponent's unit is destroyed, draw a card."

Neutral Support - Evil Alliance - 2R, 1P - "Banner. Destruction Only.  Limited (you cannot play more than one limited card per turn). (This Alliance provides a Chaos, a Dark Elf, and an Orc loyalty symbol."

Neutral Support - Ancient Alliance - 2R, 1P - "Banner. Order Only.  Limited (you cannot play more than one limited card per turn). (This Alliance provides a Dwarf, an Empire, and a High Elf loyalty symbol.)

Orc Unit - Githit Froatcutta - 5R, 2O, 2P, 4HP - Unique. "Hero. Goblin. Limit one Hero per zone. This unit gains 1P for each damaged unit you control."

Orc Support - Too 'ard to Die - 2R, 3O - "Attachment.  Attach to a target Orc unit in your battlefield. Attached unit gains Toughness X, where X is the damage on that unit."

Dark Elf Unit - Sorceress of Ghrond - 2R, 1DE, 1P, 2HP - "Sorcerer. ACTION: When this unit enters play, choose a HEX card in your discard pile and return it to your hand."

Dark Elf Support - Withering Hex - 1R, 2DE - "Attachment. Hex. Attach to a target Building support card. Attached support card loses 1P."

Chaos Unit - Disgraced Champion - 3R, 1C, 1P, 1HP - "Warrior. ACTION: When this unit is destroyed, deal 2 damage to target unit."

Chaos Unit - Herald of Change - 3R, 1C, 1P, 3HP - "Cultist. This unit gains +2 hit points while defending."

Chaos Support - Curse of the Leper - 1R, 2C - "Attachment. Disease. Attach to a target unit. Treat each damage on attached unit as 2 damage."

Chaos Tactic - Stone to Skin - 1R, 2C - "Spell. ACTION: Until the end of the turn, target Building support card becomes a unit with 4 hit points (the card retains its power). It also counts as a Building support card."

=============================================================

Enjoy and discuss.  What cards do you like? Dislike?  Which cards will see heavy usage right away?  Which cards will affect the gameplay environment the most?  The least?  :)

"SHOW ME WHAT PASSES FOR FURY AMONGST YOUR MISBEGOTTEN KIND!"

W40K: Conquest LCG Facebook Page - https://www.facebook...35904116588456/

#2 swingjunkie

swingjunkie

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:05 PM

GAH! Still no real Chaos love!

AND, why would the make the alliances the same cost and power as the others with only 2 loyalties!?

The HE card that damages itself could be cool as it could indicate that the healing mechanic will be fleshed out.

The card that returns Hexes could be cool with a few more of them.

At least Dwarves didn't get a super-powerful card....

Win for most love goes to Empire.

#3 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

Pretty much how I felt.  :)

Annoyed at the stupid Un-Restore everything tactic for the High Elves - good job ruining the one cool thing available for Chaos.  It's even worse when you factor in that Destruction (foolishly, imho) lacks any kind of Tactic canceler.  That's an omission that badly needs to be fixed and soon.  :(

#4 Kragg

Kragg

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

Thanks Wytefang, I was looking after this spoiler since a week ;)

#5 elyandel

elyandel

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

i'm always waiting for spoiler :P

#6 grille

grille

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

Tactical Misdirection seems really good to me. Sorceress of Ghrond may not be affecting metagame but a hex-heavy DE build with her may be fun.

#7 Shindulus

Shindulus

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

I really think (and hope ) that a DE / Orc deck with

- Pillage

- Snotling saboteurs

- Mind killer

- The new hex : -1 power on building

- The new sorceress

- In addition with 1 or 2 Isaera in the deck to create powerfull combo (Isaera + Snotling / Lobber crew auto sacrifice combo)

- Slave for every occasion

- seeking new slaves (really stronger than a slave for every occasion as you can make Stand Your Ground "fizzle" and make RtF weaker as a response)

One part so as to slaw the dwarf draw rate and the other part to steal his units in the discard pile making RtF a lot less efficient. 

Can be a potential efficient deck against the dwarf deck, and moreover with the next BP and sool stealer.

#8 Grove

Grove

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:48 AM

Liking the empire love, but not so lovin' the semi-FU to chaos. Stone to skin may see more play with the morrsleib cycle, but I guess that one's kind of up in the air. Would really depend on cards like contested stronghold and treasure vaults becomming more viable in chaos with the supposed stress on developments in the new BPs. Anywho, just my two cents.

#9 Martin_fr

Martin_fr

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

Wytefang said:

Chaos Unit - Disgraced Champion - 3R, 1C, 1P, 1HP - "Warrior. ACTION: When this unit is destroyed, deal 2 damage to target unit." 

Most of the time, you'll have to declare this Action from the discard pile, which is kinda strange (and illegal in regards to the game rules)... "Actions with a trigger" are definately the source of many (and most) timing issues in this game.

#10 method1080

method1080

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

nice pack.  I'm looking forward to playing those hex cards.  And "Tactical Misdirection" will play well in my Counterstrike deck.    game on.

#11 Evilmerlin

Evilmerlin

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

Wow, is Chaos and their corruption tech so strong that they had to print Courage of Aenarion?

#12 Shindulus

Shindulus

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:00 AM

Evilmerlin said:

Wow, is Chaos and their corruption tech so strong that they had to print Courage of Aenarion?

#13 swingjunkie

swingjunkie

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

In response to Wytefang, I'm seeing in the future.......a 3R, 3DE tactic that says "Cancel a tactic just played, then you may treat it as though you played a copy from your hand and resolve yours as normal". Or however they word it. Basically steal a tactic.

#14 Lordpappanqui

Lordpappanqui

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:11 AM

Very well said swingjunkie.

I can envision a similar card as that in a DE deck.

#15 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

@Wytefang: THANKS A LOT, keep it up every battlepack^^

about the cards:

friedrich is awesome for its cost, but certainly not unbeatable or underpriced. has some weaknesses as well and maybe too hard to fit well into empire decks. The orc hero in this set is a nice counter as well against friedrich (if you have multiple >1hp orc units with him in the zone) now i think about it.

Tactical Misdirection is a big boost to the order races i think, will definitly see a place in my empire counterstrike deck. Nice card, though those poor destruction races need some catch-up to do even more now.

Forges of Nuln: don't think it will see that much use in decks (like many more quest unfortunately, hopefully some cycle will be based around units on quest^^)

Dreamer of Dragons: thinking about timing windows with this card and for example initiate of saphery. Nice card, though I think it will get a lot more powerfull when healing abilities are becoming viable deck strategies. Since it is not limited per turn, could be nice with the +3hp attachment (5 attack) and then a greater heal or something.

Courage of Aenarion: well not that I think I will take it in every deck but another blow to chaos....

Doomsayer of Morr: nice deck filler card i guess

New alliances cards: great addition, depending on your deck you can choose for the old ones (which aren't limited) with 2 races, or the new ones when you have 3 races in 1 deck.

Githit Froatcutta: Nice unit, see some use for him

Too 'ard to Die: See some nice combo with this card on beardburna and some Savage boys.

Withering Hex : Interesting card, though would be nice if it said "building and/or warpstone"

The rest: I like all cards in this game^^ but they won't be such of an impact on the game. Nice pack overall!

#16 method1080

method1080

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:45 AM

Chaos has a lot of really effective disease Attachment cards.   Doesn't anyone use those?  This battle pack has 1 or 2.

#17 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:05 AM

method1080 said:

Chaos has a lot of really effective disease Attachment cards.   Doesn't anyone use those?  This battle pack has 1 or 2.

With RoaM and its Curse of the Leper, Chaos has exactly 3 diseases, all are attachments. Not a "lot" in my book.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#18 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the spoilers wytefang.

I'm still a bit disappointed with the game at the moment, maybe the next battle pack will get me back in.

#19 DrgnScorpion

DrgnScorpion

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

I love your spoilers as they are helping me get a friend back into the game so he is able to see what is coming out and can work toward it. Some of those for destro just make me blink while the Dwarf cards are getting more entertaining and painful.

#20 Wytefang

Wytefang

• Members
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

I'll keep posting them.  Seems like Fiendish lost his mojo for posting these or something.  Used to be a tight race to the release of these BPs between us for posting the spoilers but he seems to have given up or something.  :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS