Taberna

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mat_Not_Barlow

Mat_Not_Barlow

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:06 PM

I'm not seeing much of a use for this building as it's only worth it if in a turn you want to buy/sell a 'good', that you produce that the market isn't selling/buying. But for how much?
It doesn't state that it can exceed the normal buy/sell amount for the phase. Just seems a little useless.

#2 emmowbee

emmowbee

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

I think that you have misunderstood the use of the Taberna (either that, or I have!). As far as I am aware, the Taberna allows you to buy a good from the market that you can produce and which is available from that particular market. I've only played the game a couple of times, but I think the Taberna is useful as it may allow you to complete more contracts, use a commercial building, use the Redemptor and/or make a donation. Just my thoughts...

#3 Mat_Not_Barlow

Mat_Not_Barlow

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:17 AM

That's all well and good however if it allows me to buy goods from the market that I produce (and that the market is buying/selling that turn) then i see no need for it as I could just buy it normally.
Going by what you've said then I believe that maybe I can buy an additional 1 good that I can produce (going by the little '1' on the building tile). Which to me makes a lot more sense and a decent game mechanic.

However I could and most likely am wrong, I just have some kind of tactical blindness over the issue.

Cheers for helping.

#4 Cabello

Cabello

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

you cannot buy goods that you can produce unless you have the taberna

#5 Mat_Not_Barlow

Mat_Not_Barlow

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

Ohhhh, oops

Cheers for pointing that out.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS