Chaos is SOOOOO bad...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 f7eleven

f7eleven

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

Disclaimer: This deck is NOT good.  But you do at least get to play with Lord of Change and Cloying Quagmire - two very good Chaos cards from March of the Dammed.

3 Fledgling Chaos Spawn
3 Servants of Khorne
3 Braying Gor
3 Festering Nuglings
2 Esli'an
2 Melekh the Changer
2 Scheming Cultist
2 Wight Lord
2 Great Unclean One
2 Lord of Change
(24)

3 Innovation
3 Seduced by Darkness
3 Cloying Quagmire
(9)

3 Warpstone Excavation
3 Contested Stronghold
3 Effulgent Boils
2 Chaos/Dark Elf Alliance
2 Deamonsword
3 Shrine to Nurgle
1 Warpstone Meteor
(17)

So, those first 3 units all suck, but they're for loyalty and to ramp into the bigger, better dudes.  Spawn + Deamonsword first turn is decent against anything but Orc.  In theory Melekh sits in the Kingdom since you can't have him AND Esli'an up top, and Esli'an does nothing in the sides.  With a Warpstone Excavation and Great Unclean One in play you can recycle Wight Lord over and over.  Other than that, the support base is ugly as all get out.  And you have nothing to battle Reclaiming the Fallen.

#2 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

Needs more Juvenile Wyvern and Winged Fury.

Also, Mob Up

#3 ●Kefka●

●Kefka●

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

Why are there alliance cards if you have no other factions in the deck?  Or am I totally missing something?

BT is gone, so Chaos has some bite back.  I think the key with Chaos is in the tactics, you have to draw cards or they can't really do anything.

I would cut the filler support and just keep 9-12 efficient power generating supports as your support base. (plus effulgent boils)

If you're worried about Reclaiming the Fallen, or MROS, Will of Tzeench isn't bad to run.  It's a bit clunky, but it's essentially a hand reset if you know your opponent is sitting on on a certain card.

#4 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

I've tried Will of Tzeentch in Chaos vs Dwarves.  It's fine and sometimes you'll get rid of a sandbagged Reclaim.  But the trouble is usually if they draw one off the top they just win right there and then.  You are not so fast that you can cope with them having instawin late game cards.  Will is actually best if you can dump your hand really fast and play it turn 2, especially if you are on the play.

#5 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

f7eleven said:

In theory Melekh sits in the Kingdom since you can't have him AND Esli'an up top, and Esli'an does nothing in the sides.  

I like putting Esli'an on Wolves of the North, Melekh in the Kingdom, and Bule in the BF.

#6 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

Doc9 said:

I like putting Esli'an on Wolves of the North, Melekh in the Kingdom, and Bule in the BF.

And Valkia as coaster, right ?

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#7 Shindulus

Shindulus

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

Some interresting sinergy I found in this kind of deck :

- Blood summoning on Fledgling Chaos Spawn + sacrifice for a cheap and strong great unclean.

- Allow different way to have great unclean / Lord of change / and even more turn 1 or two.

- Blood summoning is strong and even more strong when you play crap units.

- Blessings of Tzeentch is strong when you play crap units with strong unit, it allow you to play units during opponent turn after his attack declaration : hummm .... let see what tzeentch decided today :

- Ho a great unclean, now your 1 damage free attack supposed is faced by my great unclean :-)

- Ho a festering nurgling has corrupted your attacking unit

- Ho a gor please 2 free ressource for the next turn + an additionnal one or a additionnal card.

- ho .... a Fledgling Chaos Spawn, cheat happened .

This card is just strong many time in addition to the "funny" effect you can have strong counterpart.

And moreover you can play it at the beginning of your turn, so playing units for "free" with the 3 4  ressource that you saved for your corruption card but you did not use.

#8 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

Shindulus said:

- Ho a festering nurgling has corrupted your attacking unit
Note that that doesn't work the way you want it to.  To pull off the ambush play, you need to play the Blessing after they have declared attackers and corrupting their guy won't remove it from combat.

#9 Shindulus

Shindulus

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:33 AM

Yes for sure, just assuming that sometimes because it is your last hope you can also pray for  "Tzeentch god" and try to invoke an infected nurgling before your opponent declares his attack phase. (you know for exemple that you have no more big guy in your deck but still have 3 nurgling). Or you are playing a lord of change and knowing that you have your nurgling and it is possible to invoke this one or ... everything is possible with tzeentch :-).

#10 grille

grille

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:04 AM

Then it would be best to play Blessing after your opponent declared which zone he's attacking then you can either use nurglings into battlefield or play the big guy into the zone where he attacks (if there is no warpstone).

#11 Shindulus

Shindulus

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:15 AM

But as clam says if you play blessing at this point, the nurgling corruption effect won't prevent the attacking units that you corrupt to assign its dammage points.

You have to made a choice at this point try to get the big one or hoping that you will corrupt :x.

#12 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

I'm still going to give love to the Shrine with the Wyvern....even if it isn't much of a deterrent.

#13 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:15 AM

Does the Warpstone Excavation and Great Unclean One combo to recycle wight lord really work this way? if so, i think its pretty darn strong though warpstone does limit you pretty much if you have it in multiple zone.

By the way, to make sure I understand necromancy correctly, you can play these units for free from the discard pile right? (so not paying 5 again for wight lord)

@qwertyuiop: why does this (or any) deck need juvenile wyvern. maybe i miss something, but looks to me the card is a bit pricy...

#14 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

Primus_Magicus said:

Does the Warpstone Excavation and Great Unclean One combo to recycle wight lord really work this way? if so, i think its pretty darn strong though warpstone does limit you pretty much if you have it in multiple zone.

By the way, to make sure I understand necromancy correctly, you can play these units for free from the discard pile right? (so not paying 5 again for wight lord)

@qwertyuiop: why does this (or any) deck need juvenile wyvern. maybe i miss something, but looks to me the card is a bit pricy...

Warpstone + Unclean One: no, it doesn't.  See my post above.

No, Necromancy doesn't work that way, it just lets you play the unit from your discard pile instead of from your hand.  You still have to pay the normal cost and you can only play them at the normal time you could play them.

As for Juvenile Wyvern, it's pretty overcosted, but when you have Shrine to Nurgle & defend with the Wyvern, it will corrupt all the non-toughness attackers since it hits all of them for 1.

#15 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

Clamatius said:

Primus_Magicus said:

As for Juvenile Wyvern, it's pretty overcosted, but when you have Shrine to Nurgle & defend with the Wyvern, it will corrupt all the non-toughness attackers since it hits all of them for 1.

Yep. So pack some Mob Up if dwarves are in the forecast.  Wyverns do cost too much, but it works in corruption decks. Too bad corruption isn't that great yet.

#16 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

Oh indeed the shrine makes it more usefull, mob up should fix it against dwarfes. But necromancy (and the wight lord itself even more) is in that case far weaker than i thought... 

@clamatius, i dont see any posts above where you said why the Warpstone Excavation and Great Unclean One combo to recycle wight lord does not work...

#17 grille

grille

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:04 AM

He already said that you have to pay 5 resources each time you play Whight Lord from your discard pile. So no free combo.

#18 Shindulus

Shindulus

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:16 AM

I think that there is a misundstood here :

- If you have a warpstone excavation and a Great unclean, yes you can sacrifice Wight lord if he has been played in the warpstone zone.

- But it cost you 5 ressource each time to play Wight lord again and you can only do it during your kingdom phase.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS