Some newbie questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sining

Sining

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hi, just started playing Dungeonquest and had a few questions about things that didnt make sense.

1) If a hero goes back into a space he's already explored, does he still have to draw a dungeon card? 

2) A hero can only move 1 square at a time unless he's going through corridors?

#2 Titeman

Titeman

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

Yes and yes...

--------------------------------------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

#3 BillStivers

BillStivers

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

Also remember that you can only move twice one time from a corridor a turn.

examples:

Move ,Draw tile, Place corridor, move, draw tile, place other dungeon tile, do effects, end of turn.

Move, Draw tile, place corridor,move, draw tile, place corridor, end turn

#4 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

BillStivers said:

Also remember that you can only move twice one time from a corridor a turn.

Move, Draw tile, place corridor,move, draw tile, place corridor, end turn

I don't agrre with this. Rules says: you must immediately move again. you cannot enter THE SAME corridor twice in the same turn.

so if you draw 4 tiles and are 3 corridors and the last one a room, you do like this:

Move, Draw tile, place corridor,move, draw tile, place corridor, ,move, draw tile, place corridor, move, draw tile, place room, encounter room, end turn.

We played this way also with the original GW dungeonquest.

#5 Shelfwear

Shelfwear

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

I agree with air show: as long as you draw additional corridors you continue moving unless you hit one of them again in your turn. I guess the limitation on the corridor tile is to prevent unlimited circling when a player draws four corridors in a row and moves in a square/circle with them.

#6 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

Shelfwear said:

I agree with air show: as long as you draw additional corridors you continue moving unless you hit one of them again in your turn. I guess the limitation on the corridor tile is to prevent unlimited circling when a player draws four corridors in a row and moves in a square/circle with them.

right. and to force players to continue going ahead in the same turn, without the possibility to retreat (in the same turn). 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS