4 replies to this topic

#1 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hi everybody,

a little rules question coming to light after this evening's play. There is a Dracula Event card allowing to him to move twice (sorry, I have the italian edition of the game, thus I don't know the name of the card in English. Maybe Supernatural speed or something similar?). We always played that Dracula places two cards on his trial, putting an encounter on each of the cards. Is this correct? I'm asking this because after reading carefully the card (you know, sometimes you have something evident and clear in front of you for years and you never notice it ::laughing::) we noticed the text seems to imply he has two Movement phases. Encounters are placed during the Action phase. So, following literally the instructions, it seems that you move twice, but you're allowed to place an Encoutner only on the second card. Is this correct? Or is it a problem of the italian translation?

Thanks to everybody for help

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#2 Hannibal Rex

Hannibal Rex

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:08 AM

You only place an encounter on the second card.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

Thank you so much for answering :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Victor Peru

Victor Peru

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hi Julia:

I don't think that you put only an encounter in the second card. The card Unearthly Swiftness reads that you must follow all the normal rules for each movement. It's like you move twice and put an encounter in each location.

Greets

#5 Jervon

Jervon

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

Victor Peru said:

Hi Julia:

I don't think that you put only an encounter in the second card. The card Unearthly Swiftness reads that you must follow all the normal rules for each movement. It's like you move twice and put an encounter in each location.

Greets

That's how it should be played. You are allowed to make two normal separate movements following all movement rules.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS