Who to Team Vamps up with?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fatolaf

fatolaf

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:51 AM

Firstly I would like to point out this is for club play , with a very varied level of players, so I want to make this good but fun, ie no Thrower style deck.

But we do have a lot of Dwarf players, not all of them have all the good cards, but you get the idea..

I have the new Vamps and Lizzies now and whilst the Lizzies found an immediate home teaming up with the HE, I am wondering where the Vamps should go?

Currently I have them mixing it up with some Skaven but I dont think that is such a long term idea more 'how can I make a legal deck'?

Anyone got any good ideas for the Vamps?

#2 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

You mean Iseara?  The best use of her ability is to get back guys you can sacrifice because then you can do it more than once.  The Necromancy trigger to put the unit on the bottom of your library only happens if the unit is in play.

Your best bet is Lobber Crew, but you can also use her in a DE deck to dig up guys to throw in the Slave Pens.

#3 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

Clam, what about Snotling Saboteurs + Iseara? Recyclable (though not cheap of course) Support removal. Or at that exchange rate, do you just stick with ol' Grimmy?

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#4 Clamatius

Clamatius

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, I looked at that, but it's horrendously expensive.  If the Snotlings were cheaper just by themselves it might be worth it, but they're really inefficient.  Lobber Crew, on the other hand, is on the top end of the power curve anyway.

As you say, Grimgor is a better plan if you want to nuke a lot of supports.

#5 Vitamin T

Vitamin T

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

I used to use stunty smasha's with isarea as well, they were ok against thrower.  I dont know if I would continue to use them or not at this point.

Personally I think that Isarea is probably better in the orc deck.  Undead as a theme are probably better with either dark elf or chaos sacrifice effects.  If you are looking for a fun deck that is decent I'd build either dark elves or chaos.

TL

#6 fatolaf

fatolaf

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

It wasn't just going to be with the Countess but all of them, to give the rest of the club a flavour of what VC can do.

But I think DE is looking like the bets bet for now...

#7 High Elves 77

High Elves 77

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

Check out the new article on the Invasion page.  Excellent DE/Undead build.  Seems like a fun deck that I plan to try.

#8 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:24 AM

High Elves 77 said:

Check out the new article on the Invasion page.  Excellent DE/Undead build.  Seems like a fun deck that I plan to try.

Seconded... as soon as I get my hands on that last expansionbox!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS