REQUEST: Printer Friendly Character Sheet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WolfLord22

WolfLord22

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

Could you please provide for download a "printer friendly" character sheet.  The existing character sheets have a grey background which chew up a lot of my ink, and becomes smudged when I erase stuff I have written on it.  A white background would be far better than the grey.  Please consider this.  Thanks.

#2 Artemesia

Artemesia

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

I have no experience with image editing whatsoever; you can see where I attempted to glue bits of the paper together in MSPaint after print screening the sections of the PDF because it's too big for my monitor. I also won't try and pretend I did anything impressive. All I did was up the contrast by a whole lot after converting it to a greyscale, and here's what I got. I'm not satisfied with it enough to do it to the other sheets nor the experience/ability to make it better. I also can't make the FFG link disappear for some reason. Clever bastards.

i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu179/Temesian/lamedeathwatchsheet.jpg

Hopefully that's all you'll need to figure out how to do it to the other sheets yourself, or some kind and infinitely more talented/bored individual can shame me with their superior take on this "project."

#3 FatPob

FatPob

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

have you tried on printer preference to print black and white?

#4 Caddok

Caddok

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:10 AM

What folks are saying is that they want a Black and White sheet with no shading, like this:

This is 'Printer Friendly'

The above sheet is 'Printer Friendly'.

This next one is a NON-Printer Friendly.  Also notice the black bars where the player is supposed to fill in the data about their character's weapons.  No matter how I print it they always come out the same.

NON-Printer Friendly

The version of the character sheet provided online is an ink hog AND mostly useless once printed.

Everything works better when you keep it simple.

#5 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:47 AM

I know. Talentlesshack has what you seek:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11178431/dw-minimal.zip

For completeness' sake the full sheet is here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11178431/dw.zip

Highly recommended sheet.

Alex

#6 Mantis Sine

Mantis Sine

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62137164/deathwatch-character-sheet-ink-saver_merged.pdf

Original minus black fields, better, done.

#7 Mantis Sine

Mantis Sine

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Shameless self bump

#8 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

It appears you posted this before me.

My thread is here

And the both awesome and printer-friendly character sheet that TechVoid replied with is here.

Also PrinceOfMadness has posted some pretty awesome-looking ones which are .pdf and form-fillable.  Their thread here and their sheets are here for download.  Don't know if PrinceOfMadness is still updating them or not, and some posters in that thread have expressed some concern for their accuracy.

All the same, kudos, respect, and thanks to TechVoid and PrinceOfMadness for contributing.

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS