Non-endeavor upgrades

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jareddm

jareddm

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

I noticed a bunch of the starship components and character roles in Into the Storm offer bonuses to achievement points required for endeavors.  While I don't use endeavors in my game as I feel they slow things down too much, I'd like to come up with alternative bonuses that these components and character roles could provide.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas off the top of their head before I got to work on them?

#2 riplikash

riplikash

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

You can apply the bonuses over in a storytellers method instead. Look at it this way.

If there was a military objective to, say, end hostilities between two tribes, which required 200 AP to achieve, and they had a barracks and munitorium that gave them a +200 to military objectives they could automatically pass the endevor by "sending in the troops". The Barracks and Munitorium allow them to automatically pass the endevor.

For your game you can still provide a "military endevor", but make it easier or allow them to delegate and "pass it" automatically.

Same result, different storytelling style.

If you are throwing out the endevor number system there is little need for you to convert all the endevor bonuses into something else. Just give them in-game, story telling based bonuses instead.

#3 Kalec Fash

Kalec Fash

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

Just take these bonus points into consideration when deciding how well they did. It works for me just fine.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS