Photo

What is the sweet spot for # of players?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hendal

Hendal

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

What do you recommend the most for this?  I love it 2 person and think it is its own unigue great 2 person game and it plays very differently with 3-5 people.

So what do you think is the best # of player for this one?  2-5?

Also if you just had 3-5 to choose from, what would you recommend as your favoirite?

Game On'

#2 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

I think that 4 players is the best.

With 5, there are to many turns in between yours and the next time you get to play a card, so you don't have very much control over whether your creature will survive till your next turn.

With 2 and 3,  you have to much control. The rounds will drag out a long time, as each player will stall until they can either end the round themselves safely, or put someone else in a position to end the round by hitting the player other than yourself. It is really hard to get any important creatures killed.

I think that 4 people hits the sweet spot.

#3 AulayanD

AulayanD

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:12 AM

I have only ever played it with 4, but it seems to me to be a great spot.  I never got bored playing it, the game flowed smoothly each time.  It was beautiful with that amount.

#4 Jayrome007

Jayrome007

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:44 AM

Though I can agree with the sweetness of the 4-player game, I personally enjoy this as a 2-player game. But this is most likely because there aren't many FFG games that can efficiently support 2 players, thus amplifying the enjoyment of those that do. Outside of CIA, CA, and Ingenious, I cannot honestly think of another game is any fun to play with duo. And the sad part about that is that most of the games say 2-_ players right on the box, even though it is blatantly obvious that the game has major flaws with only 2 people.

Jason Walden
Board Game Producer
Fantasy Flight Games
jwalden@fantasyflightgames.com

#5 josey wales

josey wales

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:06 AM

I have played with 3, 4, and 5 players;  I like 4 the best.  As someone stated earlier, with three players you have too much control.  I enjoyed playing with five, but that was mostly due to the group I was playing with.  With four players, the tension is just right, and you don't have to worry about running out of cards.

#6 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Yea, I would really like to see a game that works BEST with 3 players; most everything we play works best with 4, Caylus is our best option most of the time.

#7 gamerboy6000

gamerboy6000

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Personally, I've found three or four to be the most enjoyable. Three allows for a little more control over the result of the game, but four allows for a little more chaos and even odds… my play group has some decent skill gaps, so that is appreciated.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS