Q: Rules - Basics?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 harobed

harobed

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

Apologies in advance if the answers are obvious, but i've trawled through the rules and forums and still none the wiser.

1) If you move into a new or existing dungeon chamber you encounter that chamber as described in rules (pp.30-31). If you search the chamber you are in you have an encounter using the Search Deck. If you attempt to move to another chamber but are unsuccessful (eg: fail to open a door or raise a portcullis) and have to remain in the existing chamber do you have another encounter in that chamber again (eg: draw a dungeon card  / trap card etc.)?

2) After two searches in a chamber you are obliged to move before you can search again. I assume this means if you attempt to move and fail to leave the room (eg: fail to open a door) you cannot have another search attempt next turn?

3) If you attempt to move to a new (unrevealed) chamber through an as yet unopened door, do you wait until you have successfully opened the door before placing and revealing the adjacent new chamber? It would seem logical that it is not revealed, otherwise if it were you would be able to decide to avoid the chamber by not trying the door again and leaving the existing chamber by another passage.  

#2 Shmoozer

Shmoozer

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

harobed said:

1) If you move into a new or existing dungeon chamber you encounter that chamber as described in rules (pp.30-31). If you search the chamber you are in you have an encounter using the Search Deck. If you attempt to move to another chamber but are unsuccessful (eg: fail to open a door or raise a portcullis) and have to remain in the existing chamber do you have another encounter in that chamber again (eg: draw a dungeon card  / trap card etc.)?

No you don't encounter it again.

harobed said:

2) After two searches in a chamber you are obliged to move before you can search again. I assume this means if you attempt to move and fail to leave the room (eg: fail to open a door) you cannot have another search attempt next turn?

you cannot search it again unless you leave the room and re-enter it

harobed said:

3) If you attempt to move to a new (unrevealed) chamber through an as yet unopened door, do you wait until you have successfully opened the door before placing and revealing the adjacent new chamber? It would seem logical that it is not revealed, otherwise if it were you would be able to decide to avoid the chamber by not trying the door again and leaving the existing chamber by another passage.

According to many people here on the forum it seems you do not have to open the door, same as a portcullis, as this shuts after you. Then again i must admit that i have not yet encountered a single room with a shut door on the side where you enter......

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS