Bought the game on an impulse last night on the way to a friend's house for game night.
Some thoughts after our first game:
- Pay attention to the arrow-colors on the dungeon tiles! Each color corresponds to a category, and certain cards affect those categories.
- Don't forget to use the "failed ability check" tokens to make your next attempt easier.
- Not sure if you can go back through a secret-door or not? We played like you can, but couldn't find the rules.
- If you dead-end right away, can you go back to the entrance and start opening-up the other path into the dungeon?
- Monsters suck. Consider allowing victorious players a Treasure draw if they win a battle.
- If a player dies, roll a d6 for each piece of loot carried. Rolls of 5-6 mean the item stays with the corpse and can be picked-up by anyone.
- Also, if a player dies, allow him to choose and start a new character using one of the unused player-sheets. Dungeon tiles remain the same.
- There's only 1 Rage card in the stack of Dragon cards, the rest are sleep. If someone draws a Rage card, immediately re-shuffle it back into the deck w/the used Sleep cards. Otherwise, it's too easy.