Bottomless Pit == Non-fun

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cetiken

cetiken

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:26 AM

So I'm teaching the game to some of my friends and the first tile they draw is the Bottomless Pit.  He promptly fails luck and dies.   We're all of the opinion that this is pretty lame, and after talking for a few moments we decide that it would be more fun if it was just a deep pit that drops you unceremonlsly into the catacombs with 1d6 damage simular to failing a bridge roll.

How does this house rule sound to you guys?

(as a side note the catacombs proceeded to kill him in a much slower and more entertaining fashion).

#2 Gregaria

Gregaria

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:36 AM

I like the random death, but that's just me.

However, I feel it would be too little an impact to just have a bridge - it is a (near)-bottomless pit, therefore I would say 2d6 damage.

#3 kingbobb

kingbobb

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

Certainly to each his own.  There's enough instances of near-instant death, taking 1 out seems to be arbitrary.  If you'd rather, use the KO rules for BPs.  Or just take them out.  Or rule them, as you suggest, like Bridges.  Honestly, whatever gets your players back to the table.

#4 Agamemnon666

Agamemnon666

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

Yep, I think more damage is okay, take 2D6...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS