Time for a new place of Talisman Talk

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Brando

Brando

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:10 AM

So other than the fact that Talisman officially has a page on FFG we also have a new board to discuss things on. What does everyone think?

I got the first post on this, crazy!

#2 orc_ugly

orc_ugly

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:26 AM

I like the look of it will probably buy it. The reaper expansion looks good too.

#3 orc_ugly

orc_ugly

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:26 AM

I like the look of it will probably buy it. The reaper expansion looks good too.

#4 unitOne

unitOne

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:30 AM

Its pretty awesome. These forums are much easier to navigate through. At least thats what I think. Looking forward to playing some Talisman.

#5 SubElement

SubElement

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:18 PM

I like the look of the new forums, but no custom avatars makes me a sad Panda!

#6 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:30 PM

Is this like Descent? Never heard of Talisman before... noob, I know... haha

#7 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

It is not like Talisman has been around long, just the last 25 years ...

As for the new website ... Hate it.

• No custom Avatars

• Does not work correctly with either Firefox nor Safari

No Preview and you Cannot go back to edit posts (Welcome back in time to Yahoo Groups circa 1998)

• Loss of previous posts (You can still get them - for a short while HERE - , but the formatting is incompatible)

• Hard to read Light Grey lettering on a Dark Grey background,

#8 433

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

How are you haveing problems with Firefox and Safari, Malechi? FFG is a Mac company, so we use both of those browsers 97% of the time.

There are some problems, but they're pretty much universal, and our programmers are working on fixing stuff this weekend.

#9 jimmeray

jimmeray

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:00 AM

Just bought the Black Industries version of Talisman 4th Edition. My wife, kids, and I play it all the time. I can't wait for the upgrade kit and Reaper expansion to go on sale. I would recommend the game to everyone.

#10 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:22 AM

Malechi said:

Oooh. nice! Checked it out on wikipedia, and yup, not like Descent. An old GW boardgame with FFG doing the 4th edition sounds awesome. Def. need to check this one out!

#11 Rett

Rett

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:42 AM

Malechi said:

• No custom Avatars

No Preview and you Cannot go back to edit posts (Welcome back in time to Yahoo Groups circa 1998)

• Loss of previous posts (You can still get them - for a short while HERE - , but the formatting is incompatible)

I couldnt of said it better myself - My vote.................. Oh man *HORRIBLE*

#12 jadrax

jadrax

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:47 AM

433 said:

How are you haveing problems with Firefox and Safari, Malechi? FFG is a Mac company, so we use both of those browsers 97% of the time.

There are some problems, but they're pretty much universal, and our programmers are working on fixing stuff this weekend.

The only thing I have noticed is that the Firefox spellchacker dosent seem to recognise text entered into the Forums, although that is by no means an uncommon issue.

#13 Old Dwarf

Old Dwarf

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:28 AM

Looks fine,I have 3rd Edition Talisman (plastic fif edition)so I never bothered

looking into 4th.but I may pull the game out & give it a play.It had several expansions,

I have them all but can't think what they are now.its been that long since I played.

OD

A Dwarf in Winter

#14 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:45 PM

Malechi said:

433 said:

More specifically, the auto Spell Check. Safari and Firefox display words that are misspelled (such as the word Firefox), but when you click on the word to get suggested spelling the forum code over rides Safari and Firefox and places options for "Cut, Copy or Paste". Which, in this day and age, is completely useless to anyone who has used a computer for longer than a week.

#15 Gorthuar

Gorthuar

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

Still have to get into Talisman 4th edition but id does look highly promising. Still, I prefer the 2nd edition board artwork though ;) I wonder if it will be hard to keep using the old board... have a lot of spaces changed?

I thank you for your time

Lord Gorthuar de Veris

Cult of Nagash

#16 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:25 AM

Not a lot changed from 2nd Edition to 4th Edition, but there have been a few refinements with the Revised 4th Edition. It won't be long now before everyone can check out the new printing - it's all very exciting really with that and The Reaper coming up...

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#17 spindisc

spindisc

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:07 AM

talismanisland said:

Not a lot changed from 2nd Edition to 4th Edition

Well, all our 2nd edition fan material is graphically outdated.

But I guess I have to live with that. Time will tell if I ever might upgrade all my expansions to 4th edition.

http://www.randomdic...games/talisman/

#18 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:45 AM

True enough, though it should be easy enough to get templates sorted, though it might be an idea to wait and see what FFG have in prospect.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#19 duck

duck

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:10 PM

Malechi said:

• No custom Avatars

Wahfest to the max.

#20 SHaitan

SHaitan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:54 PM

Revised version of Talisman by FFG...AWESOME...
I have known about Talisman for some time, but never bought thank to some disappointed reviews. But now, FFG is enought guarantee for me, that game will be as good as the others I like... I will buy as soon as it arrives to my country. Unfortunately it can lasts really long...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS