First, I don't care for the book so I'm not interested in this game because of that.
I am looking for a game for my gaming group but we need something that's hard to find in one package, I stumbled upon A Game of Thrones: The Board game and I think this is it. What I am looking for in a game is found in the list below.
1. Diplomacy (form alliances, betrayal, pacts, deals..etc)
2. Military Conflict (Declare War or Back Stab other players)
3. Easy to teach the Rules (games like Descent for instance is a No No for my gaming group because it is TOO complex with TOO many rules)
4. Economical side of the game OR other forms of Game Winning Conditions (other than destroy everyone else, If any?)
5. A Satisfying War System (I know this game doesn't use dice, but I wonder if the combat system has some depth in it?)
6. The Game Session doesn't exceed 2 hours