World Game!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Toad_monk

Toad_monk

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:32 AM

With many people with the new version of Talisman does anyone fancy a worldgame?

#2 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

I know I might be up for one.

I have the new edition, but the Reaper is still waiting dilevery.

#3 SubElement

SubElement

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

Count me in!

I am still awaiting both though!

Reaper is a ways off, but Talisman 4.5 should hit me this week.

#4 helios

helios

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:02 AM

how does a worldgame work?

#5 helios

helios

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:02 AM

how does a worldgame work?

#6 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

World Game:

Find about 4 people(max) to play, here on the boards is a great spot.

We all find a time to play, which is tricky, becasue some are getting up at 6 in the morning to play, while others are playing at night.  Kinda fun being its from all over the world.

We use web-cams and do a conference call through Skype, or Yahoo.  It is not completely nessissary for everyone to have a cam, but at least be able to view.  Voice ability is a must, as typing everything would take way too long.

Everyone sets up a board in their house with all the cards seperated into the catigories, with the exception of the Deck master.

Deck master, has a shuffled deck in front of a webcam.  He draws the card for the players turn, and shows it to the camera for all to see.

Dice Master, has a small box with the dice in it, that a web cam is pointing at.  Any time dice are rolled, he rolls them for the players for all to see.

Board Master (optional) has a board in front of the cameras view, so you can see where all the characters are, and cards on the table.  Remember that this is just a reference.  Every player should have a board set up, with all the characters and cards on it.

Example Turn:

Warriors turn.  Dice master rolls for his movement, and gets a 5.

Warrior player, states he is moving to the plains by the village, all players move the warrior on their board at home. This can also be seen by the board master if in play.

Deck Master draws a card, and it is a Goblin.  All players grab a Goblin card from their sorted deck, and puts it on the board next to the warrior.

Dice Master then rolls the dice, one for the Warrior and one for the Goblin, in view of the camera.  Warrior wins the fight, and all players put their goblin card next the the warrior character card they have out in front of them as a trophy.  We all have a mirror game in front of us.

End Example:

Once communication has been established, and the game begins it can go fairly smooth.  Every now and then someone looses connection and we have to re-establsh.  But the game does inherently take longer, so be sure you have a block of time set asside with few interuptions.

Spell deck. It seems most of the time, someone is playing the prophet, so usualy that person just runs the spell deck, and when a player is entitiled to a spell, the text that person only what their spell is.  If no one is playing the prophet, we all draw our spells at home.  When someone casts a spell, you remove it from your deck.  If it was a spell your character had, you discard it and draw a replacement.  Both senarios require the honesty system.

Congradulations, if you made it this far in reading this post, you probably have the patients required to actualy be a world game player!

#7 myomer

myomer

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:23 AM

Web cam and chat interfaces are good ideas... but there are sites out there to facilitate chat and dice rolling (just can't remember the name). As long as there's a chat interface and people following the game with their own board an internet game is possible... :)

#8 helios

helios

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

yeah, i would love to participate, but i dont have the tech, or even those chat programs.

#9 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:06 PM

myomer said:

Web cam and chat interfaces are good ideas... but there are sites out there to facilitate chat and dice rolling (just can't remember the name). As long as there's a chat interface and people following the game with their own board an internet game is possible... :)

an internet game is possible?

I think you ment to say has been possible.

This world game  we are talking about is not new, or an idea that is being kicked around, its something that started back at the Blackindustires Forum.  I personaly have played at least 4 of them on-line as we discussed.  Other sites have been looked at, and the dice rolling is nice, but it does not help for the deck of cards.  Unless someone wants to MAKE all of them on Java or something.

The cam system I think is extreemly simple and effective.  Just aim it at the dice and deck, and away you go. 

the Skype and yahoo, are both free.  Just a Download and login, and also remember that you dont need a camera to play.  At least voice, and ability to view.

#10 helios

helios

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

yeah, but i dont have a mic either, still, its another reason to get one

#11 Toad_monk

Toad_monk

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

You do need a mic more to play then a camera. Any hows how does 8th january 6pm gmt sound to everyone- pm me and not what! Let  the gaming commence!

#12 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

Toad_monk said:

You do need a mic more to play then a camera. Any hows how does 8th january 6pm gmt sound to everyone- pm me and not what! Let  the gaming commence!

Dont need a microphone??  I should would hate to have to type everything down.  Not sure how you would go about that.

#13 Toad_monk

Toad_monk

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:01 AM

So any news on a date?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS