Photo

When we see first expansion ? :D What would it be ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mistyk

Mistyk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:26 AM

Hello

I bought DQ several days ago and I think it is time for expansion hehehe :D Yes i know it is too soon but maybe someone of you has a great idea for expansion :) Maybe we can create unofficial expansion before FFG release official one ? What you think.

#2 Abyssus Angelus

Abyssus Angelus

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:31 AM

A variety of heroes comes to mind.  Maybe a backwards compatible expansion that will include DungeonQuest Hero/Power Cards for existing Descent/Runebound heroes.

#3 SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

Abyssus Angelus said:

A variety of heroes comes to mind.  Maybe a backwards compatible expansion that will include DungeonQuest Hero/Power Cards for existing Descent/Runebound heroes.

Honestly - I could totally see "Hero Packs" that would be sold with 5-8 heroes. They would have minis of the heroes and card sets for all 4 terrinoth games.

I would like more content and ways to die too though. :)

#4 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

One thing I loved about original DQ was that aside from the heroes addon (some more cards) it was a complete game. Its not really something that lends to a slew of expansions. Its simplicity is one of the things I like best.

#5 blark

blark

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

A pack of new heroes would be great, but I'd also like a pack of new monsters as well.  It would really be easy to do the two together too.  A small sheet of tokens for the monsters, and a set of cards to be added to various decks to represent their encounters.

I'm loving the game, but the lack of monster variety is a bit of a buzzkill.  "Oh, another skeleton...  neat."  The less I see of that Golem or Demon though, the better.

#6 SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

blark said:

A pack of new heroes would be great, but I'd also like a pack of new monsters as well.  It would really be easy to do the two together too.  A small sheet of tokens for the monsters, and a set of cards to be added to various decks to represent their encounters.

I'm loving the game, but the lack of monster variety is a bit of a buzzkill.  "Oh, another skeleton...  neat."  The less I see of that Golem or Demon though, the better.

I think they left the monsters at 5 because the original had 5 and they wanted to keep some things close like that. There actually are more monsters than the original as you encounter some on the catacombs... then again - maybe I shouldn't say 100% as I unfortunately do not have the catacombs expansion for the original... If anyone wants to give it to me though... I would be more than happy to check over the cards. :)

#7 Hein99

Hein99

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

I've order the game but have not yet received it. But! I already know what I'd like to see in an expansion.

I know already I would like more variety in monsters. I always found this really helps keep a game fresh. To that end more cards for all the decks can't be a bad thing. Variety, variety, variety :)

And of course, I too think new Heroes is a great idea.

Since I haven't played yet I can't add much more.

-Hein99 (aka The SegaDude)
TheSegaCollection

#8 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

1st expansion for release early next year.

3 new types of Tile - Firepit, Magic Portal & Whirlpool.

More general tiles.

Kobolds.

Amulets.

Cards for all decks.

4 new heroes.

Ell.

Ps. This is only my estimate!

#9 air show

air show

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

talismanamsilat said:

1st expansion for release early next year.

3 new types of Tile - Firepit, Magic Portal & Whirlpool.

More general tiles.

Kobolds.

Amulets.

Cards for all decks.

4 new heroes.

Ell.

Ps. This is only my estimate!

I hope you're right!!

like Catacombs, the addiction of Amulets and Kobolds (probably the same mechanics of snotlings) are perfect for the game. then new characters, new tiles, more cards (we need more cards for the standard dungeon deck!!!!).

That could be the perfect first expansion in my opinion. and it will complete the difference between the older DQ+Catacombs and the new one.

yesyesyes!!

#10 SinisterCheshire

SinisterCheshire

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:59 AM

I know everyone seems to love the high mortality/failure rate of the game, but I and my players did find that it tends to get old.

I'd like to see a little tweeking of the character stats already in existence.

For instantce - My friend started with Krutzbeck. He got two turns in and his torch went out. He spent the next 7 turns trying to relight his torch.  Granted thats alot of bad luck considering the determination counters he was building up, but it can be rather frustrating, especially when you have to make several checks based on the same stat to continue playing.

Otherwise, all of the above examples I'd pretty much love to see.

#11 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

But that's what the game's about. If you want a more optomistic dungeoncrawl, try Ravenloft or Descent.

The beauty of DQ is you should expect to lose each game. It's just how entertaining the loss is.

#12 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:29 AM

SinisterCheshire said:

I know everyone seems to love the high mortality/failure rate of the game, but I and my players did find that it tends to get old.

So what you're saying here is that you'd like to see more imaginative and hilariously brutal ways of getting killed?  I completely agree! =D

Seriously though, I can see why Krutzbeck would be frustrated burning 7 turns to relight his torch (no pun intended) but I think, as you say, that's just uncommonly bad luck.  DTs have done more than enough to resolve the issue of bad dice rolls, IMHO.  Adding something to further reduce the luck factor would begin to seriously infringe on the elements of the game that make it so fun to me (namely, random craziness and sudden, brutal death.)

Don't let that stop you from brainstorming some house rules if you find it necessary.  To each his own.  But in an official expansion I would find such rules highly disappointing.  Making the game longer by extending or changing how the sun track works might be an idea I wouldn't hate though.  It would make the loss of 7 turns less crippling and give everyone more time to die. =D

As far as what I would like to see in an expansion, I'd have to say first and foremost, MOAR TILEZ!  At least enough to double the stack.  Hero cards for all the other heroes in the Runiverse would also be cool, though I'm not sure how well that would go over in general if it didn't also include the figs (after all, not everyone who buys this game already has three copies of all the figs from the other games.)

More monsters would be cool, too.  More of everything, really.  But I think FFG likes to add at least one innovation in each expansion, and I'm not sure what new ideas one might come up with to really change the game.

#13 SinisterCheshire

SinisterCheshire

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

Steve-O said:

SinisterCheshire said:

So what you're saying here is that you'd like to see more imaginative and hilariously brutal ways of getting killed?  I completely agree! =D

Seriously though, I can see why Krutzbeck would be frustrated burning 7 turns to relight his torch (no pun intended) but I think, as you say, that's just uncommonly bad luck.  DTs have done more than enough to resolve the issue of bad dice rolls, IMHO.  Adding something to further reduce the luck factor would begin to seriously infringe on the elements of the game that make it so fun to me (namely, random craziness and sudden, brutal death.)

Don't let that stop you from brainstorming some house rules if you find it necessary.  To each his own.  But in an official expansion I would find such rules highly disappointing.  Making the game longer by extending or changing how the sun track works might be an idea I wouldn't hate though.  It would make the loss of 7 turns less crippling and give everyone more time to die. =D

As far as what I would like to see in an expansion, I'd have to say first and foremost, MOAR TILEZ!  At least enough to double the stack.  Hero cards for all the other heroes in the Runiverse would also be cool, though I'm not sure how well that would go over in general if it didn't also include the figs (after all, not everyone who buys this game already has three copies of all the figs from the other games.)

More monsters would be cool, too.  More of everything, really.  But I think FFG likes to add at least one innovation in each expansion, and I'm not sure what new ideas one might come up with to really change the game.

Yeah after three of us died in our first turns, and we got through a full game (several more deaths using the provided alternate "knock out rule"), we came up with several house rules. Some of which I don't care for and I've nixed.

Personally I liked the diablo style one that allows you to return to your corpse and get your loot back (while allowing other players to steal it as well) and opens up the possiblity for a litlte PVP.  Woe to whoever dies in the catacombs...good luck finding your corpse down there...

#14 StormCaller

StormCaller

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:16 AM

Steve-O said:

Totally agree!!!   More tiles and cards would enrich the game even more. Higher excitement and also increase the replayability. Other than that the only thing that comes to mind is somehow changing the catacombs. Ex. adding a small board as catacombs or something.

But too drastic variations would change the game too much and we wouldn't like that, would we now?

SC

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS