End Game Revolting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sythorn

Sythorn

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

During the end game, when a player wins through Influence rather than conquering Kingdoms, the rules say to resolve the Upkeep phase as normal.  What I couldn't understand is that it also specifies to resolve Revolts, but according to the order of resolution on page 8 Influence is awarded for cities before they Revolt.  As I understand the rules, Revolting shouldn't matter during final scoring.

Are Revolts suppose to resolve before Influence is awarded during the end game?  Or do cities provide some other benefit that I've completely missed?

#2 Sythorn

Sythorn

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:23 AM

Gah!  Over 40 views and not one reply.  So is everyone else as confused about this as I am, or is just a really stupid question? 

#3 Kopos

Kopos

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

well, from my point of view i think that, in order to get that final influence point(s), you have to go through an upkeep phase.... so in the end i guess you can stop right after every player receives their influence 

ps - i i've just received my C&G expansion so i dont know if you have some kind of rule that can make you lose influence after that...

#4 fmcranf

fmcranf

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:12 AM

You resolve Revolts because you may have a tie and the first tie-breaker goes to the Baron that owns the most cities.

#5 josey wales

josey wales

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

Once the last influence token is taken from the pool, this signals the last game round......also resolve revolts as normal.....once this upkeep phase has been completed the baron with the most influence is crowned the new king and wins the game. 

I paraphrased this from page 18 of the rule book under "Winning the Game".  Hope it helps, sorry it isn't that timely.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS