Ambush Tactics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Radish

Radish

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

Is this card misprinted?  The card states "If you counter attack with this card, add +2 to your attack value."  However I don't see the point of this since if you counter attack you want your card to be as low as possible in order to stack more attack cards and do more damage.  Adding +2 only makes your score higher, reducing the amount of wounds you can do.  We were thinking that maybe they meant you add +2 to the enemy's attack value since then there would be a use.  Having a power card be worse than a generic power 2 combat card seems really strange.

Any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated!

#2 BillStivers

BillStivers

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:26 AM

I think it reads correct.  If your opponent plays a 4  value card and you play a 1 ( to have a chance to counter attack) but can only have enought counter cards to get to a value of 3 or 4.  Now your 3 or 4 becomes a 5 or 6 and you win the combat.  I like the card

#3 BillStivers

BillStivers

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:27 AM

also remeber your only playing that card in a counter attack which means your already losing combat.

#4 pabulac

pabulac

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:34 AM

The only broken card is Hugo's Battle Cry.

You draw and add 3 cards to combat stack even if you loose...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS