Q; Secret Doors

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

If a secret door is found - can that player move BACK (or back and forth) through that same secret door-- In other words is it now a permanent dungeon fixture or a one use one way, doorwway?

Thnx

D

#2 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

And yet a second Secret Door Q:

So Broth G is backtracking after encountering a portcullis he couldn't budge he steps back into a fourway dungeon tile - pulls a card and gets secret door.

Of the 4 intersection paths only one is available for laying a tile (the one above is the room he just came from the other two are touching the outer walls).

The tile he pulls will result in a dead end (three walls with one entrance/exit only). Now since this is a secret door does he still have to use the placement arrow on the tile when placing this new tile on the map?

Thnx!

#3 Siphonen

Siphonen

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

1. I haven't been able to find a rule that back this up. However seeing that there are no official tokens for showing where a secret door is, my only conclusion to this would be that it's a temporary one-way. If it would be permanent I believe there would be a rule that mentions it with the mentioned tokens to clarify the new passage, or somehow the new passage was burned into the tile itself as a new high technology feature of the new generation of board games. :)

Example Insight: How did you connect a 4-way to two of the Dragonfire Castle's outer wall? :-)

2.  You must place the tile with the arrow from where you came from if you venture into an unexplored area, because of:

"When a Hero moves into an unexplored space, [...] The chamber must be placed so that the entry arrow is adjacent to the chamber the Hero moved from." Page 8, Moving into an unexplored space

#4 Roy Batty

Roy Batty

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

One was along the wall - the other was connected to a tower space.

#5 Exalt

Exalt

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

Hey guys.

New to the forums, as well as the game.

I too am wondering if the the secret door is a one time, one way event.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Ex

#6 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

A Secret Door is only a one use doorway. It is discarded once it has been revealed, whether used or not!

ELL.

#7 BillStivers

BillStivers

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

One time use.  Can't escape back to previous tile(if there is no passage between the tiles).  Arrow must point from where char entered from.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS