Where is the Old Guard?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flavius Silva

Flavius Silva

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

First off let me say I love the game, everything.  I have one question where is the Old Guard?  For that matter where is the French Guard?  I have been playing the scenarios and having fun, However the English have the Guard but the French are missing the iconic troops of the 1st Empire.  Will they be making an apperance in the set or will cards be available for them.  Waterloo without the Grumblers is missing something.  By the way where is Napoleon.  I know he only faught Wellington at Waterloo but ....?

#2 KlausFritsch

KlausFritsch

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

I expect that the Guard and Boney will show up in the next expansion, which is rumored to contain even larger battles.

#3 Dale Hurtt

Dale Hurtt

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

The Old Guard did not assault the Anglo-Allied line, so why should they be in there? Is there a Plancenoit scenario?

The Old Guard were not really committed to many fights, other than in 1814, and were mostly kept as a threat in reserve. The British Guards, on the other hand, were committed more.

#4 KlausFritsch

KlausFritsch

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:28 AM

There are two scenarios covering the day before Waterloo and three scenarios of the battle itself. The final assault by the Guard is not covered, though.

#5 Flavius Silva

Flavius Silva

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:00 AM

Yes I know that they were mainly held in reserve, however the Guard made up a large portion of the army it would be nice to have them.  The middle and the young guard did see a lot of action.  Maybe my question should have been Where is the Guard?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS