Colors in the Grimm Lands

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WillisRBC

WillisRBC

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:03 AM

Okay, so I'm trying to wrap my head around the setting better.  In the keepsakes section it talks about magic markers/crayons, and things like that being awe-inspiring because they are bright and vibrant.  Are the colors in the lands themselves muted or dark?

#2 Laughmask

Laughmask

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

I would really think it'd be combination of dark/depressing/gothic colors that just send demoralizing chills down the kids spine. Going off the  Gremlin's idea, I would think the Hundred Acre Woods within the Great and Aweful Forest would be very mute while the Land of Fear would be very dark but rich colors of like deep blood red and crimsons.

#3 GameBearOR

GameBearOR

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:43 AM

I am curious about the question, Willils. Are you asking us about the colors in our versions of Grimm or something that the rulebook says?

#4 WillisRBC

WillisRBC

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:39 AM

Was just asking because of the description of Magic Markers in the keepsakes part of the book.

#5 GameBearOR

GameBearOR

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

Well, i don;t think the rulebook says anything specifically about the colors in the Lands. I personally think they can vary from land to land - the Great and Awful Forest would have mostly dark and muted tones, the Clockwork lands mostly metallic colors, some of the more "fairy tale" inspired lands may have exceptionally vibrant colors, and in my own version of the Land of Fear everything (except the king) is in black and white. It really comes down to what it looks like to you, as the narrator.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS