Photo

i really want to be answered on this question and fast pls if you can.. ty!! :)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 theo dones

theo dones

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:46 PM

yesterday i was playing a match opposing to a friend of mine..

we were playing the terran factions. jim raynor vs arcturus mengsk.

a couple of turns till the game ends, i made a desperate move, since i was  in a very difficult situation, and i placed 3 mobilised orders in one planet on which my opposer had every area on his control and with many units.

i played my first order and it was disaster. ilost my units since a wraith of his wasnt destroyed and i have to retreat to nowhere.

i played the second and there is where our confrontation begun.

i mobilise a vulture to an area where he had a battlecruiser, a wraith and a merine.

i put my vulture in front of his marine. and he had to put the other models behind.

clearly my vulture would put an end in the misery life of his marine making the battlecruiser and his wraith to retreat. but he said that was ''not logic''.

i dont know if im right or i want to see that im right but since i am the attacker i choose the skirmish . and second thing, as much as i search in both rulebooks, there is no restriction to the minimum number of units i can move to a battle. i mean i CAN move only one unit cant i?

well i need as many opinions as possible. and please be hurry because we cant play any game since we get clear of this. thank you in advance..  :)

#2 Kajo

Kajo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:01 AM

theo dones said:

yesterday i was playing a match opposing to a friend of mine..

we were playing the terran factions. jim raynor vs arcturus mengsk.

a couple of turns till the game ends, i made a desperate move, since i was  in a very difficult situation, and i placed 3 mobilised orders in one planet on which my opposer had every area on his control and with many units.

i played my first order and it was disaster. ilost my units since a wraith of his wasnt destroyed and i have to retreat to nowhere.

i played the second and there is where our confrontation begun.

i mobilise a vulture to an area where he had a battlecruiser, a wraith and a merine.

i put my vulture in front of his marine. and he had to put the other models behind.

clearly my vulture would put an end in the misery life of his marine making the battlecruiser and his wraith to retreat. but he said that was ''not logic''.

i dont know if im right or i want to see that im right but since i am the attacker i choose the skirmish . and second thing, as much as i search in both rulebooks, there is no restriction to the minimum number of units i can move to a battle. i mean i CAN move only one unit cant i?

well i need as many opinions as possible. and please be hurry because we cant play any game since we get clear of this. thank you in advance..  :)

I think you are confusing assist units with supporting units.

You indeed can move only one unit in the battle, but since wraith and battlecruisers aren't assist units (they were supporting units in that skirmish), the attacker must retreat.

BTW on first battle: couldn't you retreat to the planet were you moved the units from?

#3 theo dones

theo dones

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

aparantly i am confusing things.

you say that my vulture should only battle against marine and the wraith and battlecruiser stay out of battle?

and on first battle, i thought that you cant retreat to your planet. you can only retreat in an empty or friendly location in the same planet. so no retreat on the planet i came from...   i played that wrong?

#4 Kajo

Kajo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:39 AM

theo dones said:

aparantly i am confusing things.

you say that my vulture should only battle against marine and the wraith and battlecruiser stay out of battle?

Nope, you did well the skirmish.. but not the resolution:

In that case wraith and battlecruiser will be supporting units of the marine, and even if you destroy the marine, you should retreat because you haven't killed all of the defender non-assist units (the only terran assist units are medic and science vessel)

theo dones said:

and on first battle, i thought that you cant retreat to your planet. you can only retreat in an empty or friendly location in the same planet. so no retreat on the planet i came from... i played that wrong?

Yes, you could retreat surviving units in any adiacent planet where do you have a transport

#5 theo dones

theo dones

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:43 AM

is there any way to kill all three (marine-battlecruiser-wraith) in one skirmish?

#6 Kajo

Kajo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

theo dones said:

is there any way to kill all three (marine-battlecruiser-wraith) in one skirmish?

Just put in the battle 3 (or more) units that have sufficient strength to wipe them out :D

If you can, you should target the marine with a FLU (Front Line Unit) that have a splash damage, so you get a free kill at the end of the battle.

#7 moicanorj

moicanorj

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:36 AM

to kill all tree units is impossible with only 1 vulture(since he can only attack ground units) anyway when the attacker dont kill all non assist units he fail to succed in the invasion and must retreat(see the retreat rules there have all possible situations) but retreat allow you to go to other adjacent planets where you have a transport that allow this, and last you can always attack with a single unit (even a assist unit!)

#8 moicanorj

moicanorj

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:37 AM

sorry i want to edited the last post but push the wrong button and dont know how delete this wrong one

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS