"Salvation Lies in The East!"
Character: Tatianna (drawn randomly)
Loot: 5221 (Belt of Str, Giant Ruby, Crysal of Osiris, Loadstone, Qucksilver Potion, 40 GP)
A daring adventure against all odds
Highlights- 3 Draws of the Dragon cards - all sleeping - Tatianna power bow strikes - two times she decimated creatures with her advanced attack ability. A terrible tango with a Ferrox (it only had 2 lives and claimed 5 of hers!).
Tatianna entered in the lower left corner
1) Dungeon Room (DR) - 3 Closed Doors - A sorcerer (3) blocks the way - Using her special ability she drew three ranged cards and killed him before he could utter an incantation. She opened the door easily and headed east--
2) Entering a T shaped corridor she headed east again - ending up at the bottomless pit. In a daring leap she cleared the pit and plunged deeper into the darkness of the dungeon--
3) Now in an empty room with exits N and E she ignrred the temptation of the catacombs and turned her heels North only to find--
4) A massive Golem (9!) waiting for her. The stoney beast attacked ignoring her initial bow strikes - They tangled for what seemed like hours until finally she slew the monster-- but not without a price (-2H). Stepping over its rocky carcass and taking the only exit (east) she discovered--
5) A narow bridge - which she nimbly crossed, scattering only aged dust into the abyss below.
6&7) Stepping into an empty cobwebbed filled chamber she decided to push north once more through another empty room and North again into--
8&() An elbow corridor that turned and led her back to the west (curses!) int... a portcullis - thank the gods for her rune of opening - which in turn led her to a room with but one exit - west again now two squares off track she prayed for a lucky turn and lo--
10) Found a four exit room - with stairs to the catacombs beckoning again. "No way" she thought - "I've heard there's vampires down there!" Turning north now, hoping to circle back towards the fabled treasure room she--
11) Found little more than a dead adventurer and a dead end with a demon (5) waiting in it. A vicious fight ensued (tho' she caused 3 Wounds with her opening volley - she would take another 5 damage before she slew the unholy abomination--leaving her with only half her total).
12) Bloody but lucky - a quick search turned up a secret door - still empty handed, she knew she couldn't go back, and so she pressed on east again knowing full well as the door shut behind her, there would be no returning the way she came. She stepped into a narrow corridor that led yet her further east (at least she was heading in the right direction) into--
13) The dragon's lair and treasure room!!! She had found it! The impossibly mammoth beast slumbered deeply. Using her rangerly stealth she crept to a nearby chest and pulled out...a crappy loadstone and the crystal of osiris. Not enough for her troubles, she cursed--
14) Still the dragon snored away as she picked through a pile of gleaming coins to find - the forbidden tomb and the belt of strength (which oddly did not make her feel any stronger when she put it on- disappointing, that).
15) Now giddy with "goody fever," she risked the dragon's wrath a third time and...found the giant ruby and the quicksilver potion.
16) Here treasure thirst slaked (and with enough cash to buy that inn she always wanted) she decided enough was enough - time to go. And stepped out the north east exit of the room (seeingf as there was no going back) into a t-shaped dungeon room with exits North and East. From the ceiling a Ferrox (2 lives) attacked - Taking her by surprise (and 5 of her health) before she could snap its neck. Bloody and battered (only 2H remaining) she headed for the eastern exit to find--
17) The next room over was blocked by a portcullis - which in her weakened state, she struggled vainly and failed to lift.
18) Staggering back north now - she found a small room with only one exit - to the east again stepping through the threshold hopefully she stumbled into--
19) DARKNESS! Miraculously when she emerged from the utter blackness she discovered she had moved south and was now on the OTHER side of the portcullis she had been too weak to bypass earlier. With the only exit from this room being to the south, she headed that way only to discover--
20) A dead end! The day was waning and she knew she was still far from the tower rooms. A dead adventurer offered up a bubbly unstable potion - which she suspected might be the death of her, but instead luckily reinvigorated her spirits (+3 H). Now if only she could find a way out--
21 & 22) A quick search found nothing, but a more thorough one revealed an ancient Dwarven trip-latch that opened a long-forgotten secret door. Slipping through it she entered a 4 way corridor - which she took East again into a dungeon room with doors north and south and an exit to the east. Not wanting to muck about with doors and their nefarious traps and curses - she took the way of least resistance.
23 & 24) An empty room which turned thankfully north again - she could sense she was near the edges of the dungeons outer walls but as she quickened her pace again stumbled into a room with a animated skeleton (3), glowing green with undeath. A vicious fight ensued Her opening volley causing only minor damage(1) exhaustion and battle weariness had taken their toll and it was only by luck and a death blow that she ultimately escaped death (reduced back to 2H)...for the moment.
25-28) Pressing northward again through room after room - knowing time was running out she found herself at...
29) ...A dead end ..she was done for. (rolled a 5 for the sunset here).
30) Muttering to any god that would listen, and searching every inch of the room. by all that was holy-- she found a secret door and emerged into the tower room (The North East One) - alighting the stairs to freedom and singing a song of victory. She would name her inn-- The Light of The East