I've been thinking about doing these for a while and would like to submit them for critiquing, comments, and suggestions. I also posted them to the ti3wiki but this is an updated version including racial techs and some changes
- Diplomats: When activating the secondary ability of the Diplomacy strategy card you may activate the primary instead.
- Mind-Meld: Whenever a trading partner acquires a new technology, you may pay 1 CC from your Strategy Allocation to purchase that tech at a cost of 6 resources. You must have all prerequisite technologies and you may not use any tech discounts.
- Eldest of the Council: The influence value of your home system always counts for voting, even if exhausted
Starting Techs: Enviro Compensators, Sarween Tools
Racial Tech: Diplomatic Immunity (5 resources): Once per turn when an enemy activates a system you control, you may spend 1 CC from Strategy Allocation area to force him to instead place the CC into his reinforcements and immediately end his action.
Homeworld: Thessia (3,4)
Starting Units: 1 Dreadnaught, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 4 Fighters, 4 GF, 1 PDS, 1 SD
Leaders: Diplomat, Diplomat, Agent
- Pre-emptive Strike: The initiative number on your chosen Strategy Card is always "0" (replacing the normal initiative number of the Strategy Card). The means that you are always first in the order of play
- Special Tasks Group: Once during each Strategy Phase you may look at another player's hand of Action Cards
- Research Focus: Your planetary technology specialities are worth +1 discount.
Starting Techs: Enviro Compensators, Antimass Deflectors, Hyper Metabolism
Racial Tech: Flexibile Logistics (4 resources) - You may choose to skip your turn, but you may not do so twice in a row
Homeworld: Sur'Kesh (3,3) Yellow tech specialty
Starting Units: 1 Cruiser, 1 Carrier, 3 Fighters, 3 GF, 2 PDS, 1 SD
Leaders: Scientist, Agent, Agent
- Fleet Supremacy: You receive +1 in all Space Battles
- Treaty of Farixen: Your fleets may always contain one more Ship than your number of Command Counters in your Fleet Supply
- Military Flexibility: Once per turn, you may remove one of your command counters from the board as an action
Starting Techs: Hylar V Assault Laser, Automated Defense Turrets
Racial Tech: Dreadnought Invasion Pod (2 resources) - Dreadnoughts may carry one additional Ground Force
Homeworld: Palavan (4,2)
Starting Units: 1 Dreadnaught, 1 Cruiser, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 4 Fighters, 4 Ground Forces, 1 PDS, 1 Space Dock
Leaders: Admiral, Admiral, Diplomat
- Population Growth: As an action, you may spend a Command Counter from your Strategy Allocation area to add two GF to any planet you control. You may not do this twice in a row
- Improved Carriers: Your carriers have a capacity of 8, roll +1 in combat, and have the Sustain Damage ability
- Adaptibility: You start with one extra Command Counter in your Strategy Allocation area
Starting Techs: Antimass Deflectors, XRD Transporters
Racial Tech: Internal Emission Sink (6 resources) - Your ships that have a movement of at least 2 may move through systems containing enemy units as long as they do not exceed their movement allowance. The destination system may include enemy units.
Homeworld: Earth (3,1), Arcturus Station (0,2)
Starting Units: 1 Carrier, 1 Dreadnaught, 1 Cruiser, 6 Fighters, 6 Ground Forces, 1 Space Dock
Leaders: Admiral, General, Scientist
- Genophage Warriors: Your Ground Forces cost 1 resource each to produce, but they are treated as Shock Troops: they hit on a 5+ and can capture Space Docks and PDS. Your Shock Troops may exist alone
- Mercenaries: Any player with whom you have an active trade agreement may build Shock Troops at a cost of 1 resource. Only 1 Shock Troop may be purchased during any single production
- Inhospitable Homeworld: Non-Krogan Ground Forces on Tuchenka are at a -1 to all combat. If another player occupies Tuchenka during the status phase, he must roll a die for each Ground Force on the planet and must destroy the unit on a roll of 8-10
Starting Techs: Hylar V Assault Lasers, Enviro Compensators
Racial Tech: Evolved Reproduction (2 resources) - You may now produce Ground Forces normally in addition to producing Shock Troops
Homeworld: Tuchenka (3,1)
Starting Units: 1 Cruiser, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 3 GF, 4 Fighters, 1 Space Dock
Leaders: General, General, Admiral
- Migrant Fleet: You do not have a Homeworld. At the start of the game, choose a random planetary system from the box as your starting system. You may choose to redraw this system once. You do not need to control this system to claim objectives
- Mobile Production: Your Space Docks are never placed on planets. They have a production capacity of 4 and a speed of one. You may move and produce units on the same activation. Your Space Docks are destroyed if ever present with an opponent's ship without any of you ships present.
- Strip Mining: Gain 1 TG whenever you acquire a new planet
Starting Techs: Antimass Deflectors, XRD Transporters
Racial Tech: Salvage Operations (4 resources): Gain 2 TG at end of each space combat you participated in. If you won, you may build a ship in this system that was destroyed in combat (you must still pay for it).
Starting Units: 1 Cruiser, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 6 Fighters, 3 GF, 1 Space Dock
Leaders: Admiral, Agent, Scientist
- Blitzkreig: Before a Space Battle in which you are participating, you may choose to fire with up to two of your Cruisers or Destroyer units. Casualties are taken immediately with no return fire. This ability takes place before any precombat effects
- Slavers: Before an Invasion Combat in which you are the attacker, you may roll 1 die. On a 5+ your opponent loses 1 Ground Force and you gain 1 Ground Force.
- Thuggery: Immediately after the primary and secondary of the Trade Strategy card are complete, you may steal 1 TG from up to two players. Each player must have at least 2 TG at the time
Starting Techs: Enviro Compensators, Hylar V Assault Lasers
Racial Tech: Eezo Accelerators (4 resources) - You have a +1 to all combat rolls
Homeworld: Kharshan (1,2), Camala (3,1)
Starting Units: 2 Cruisers, 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, 3 GF, 1 SD
Leaders: Admiral, Agent, General
- Ambush Tactics: You gain +1 in the first round of any Space Battle or Invasion Combat in which you are the attacker
- Neural Network: Your Ground Forces gain +1 in combat as long as there are at least 2 of them together
- Husks: After any round of an Invasion in which your opponent lost a Ground Force, you may roll 1 die. On a 5+ you gain 1 Ground Force
- Persues Veil: Your Home System is a Nebula. Your movement is not affected by the normal Nebula rules, but your opponents' movements are.
Starting Techs: Hylar V Assault Laser, Antimass Deflectors, Enviro Compensators, Cybernetics
Racial Tech: Reaver Disciples (5 resources) - Your Dreadnaughts roll one extra die and have +1 movement
Homeworld: Nebula System, Rannoch (1,1), Algenib (2,0)
Starting Units: 1 Dreadnaught, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 5 Fighters, 6 GF, 1 SD
Leaders: Admiral, General, Agent