FFG Event Center Thursdays!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

I will be showing up most Thursdays at the Event Center for some AGoT. 

Any of the orginal Source meta guys still kicking it around?

I'd be open to playing at the Source, but the EC is very nice.

#2 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:56 PM

i may stop in from time to time

#3 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:52 AM

That'd be cool.

Maybe we can get Nate to come out as well.

I will be there this Thursday around 630 for anyone interested.

#4 Bray

Bray

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:28 AM

Bounder said:

That'd be cool.

Are you willing to tolerate a newbie? I'm heading up to Gamers Den in Cambridge tonight for an into and some games. I'd love to come out to FFG on Thursday for some more playing.

Here is the thread that I started on their forums. Cambridge is an hour north of the cities, but it might be worthwhile to see if any of the players up there would like to make the trip down as well.

forum.gamersden.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php

#5 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

Bray said:

Bounder said:

That'd be cool.

Are you willing to tolerate a newbie? I'm heading up to Gamers Den in Cambridge tonight for an into and some games. I'd love to come out to FFG on Thursday for some more playing.

Here is the thread that I started on their forums. Cambridge is an hour north of the cities, but it might be worthwhile to see if any of the players up there would like to make the trip down as well.

forum.gamersden.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php

Yes, you are welcome to come. If you don't have cards yet, I should have a spare deck or two you can use. I'm not sure who else will be there but all you need is two players.

#6 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

If anyone (Nate)  wants to contact me, my email is michaelcrow at gmx dot com.

Can't figure out this durn PM system.

#7 Bray

Bray

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

Great. I'll be there on Thursday. 

I went to The Gamers Den on Tuesday and played a couple of games. I had a great time, and it seems like a game that I'm going to enjoy. After the first game we went over the timing charts in the FAQ so I could get a basic feel for them, and how they compared to Magic. I'll likely have questions related to this, but I think I have a grasp on the basic rules. It was refreshing to see how complex coming up with a good play seemed to be. There are many decisions to make, which is a big draw for me.

I picked up some more cards, so I'll build a deck as well before showing up. 

#8 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

Bray said:

Great. I'll be there on Thursday. 

I went to The Gamers Den on Tuesday and played a couple of games. I had a great time, and it seems like a game that I'm going to enjoy. After the first game we went over the timing charts in the FAQ so I could get a basic feel for them, and how they compared to Magic. I'll likely have questions related to this, but I think I have a grasp on the basic rules. It was refreshing to see how complex coming up with a good play seemed to be. There are many decisions to make, which is a big draw for me.

I picked up some more cards, so I'll build a deck as well before showing up. 

Yes, it''s a simple game really but when played at the highest levels can really make you think. 

The play style lends to a lot more decisions being made than I typically saw in my magic days where you just go until you get your combo or setup out then the game is over. 

#9 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

Just a reminder, 630 tonight. I will wait around until about 730 to see if anyone comes.

I think there will be 2-3 of us most like maybe 1 more.

#10 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

Bounder said:

Just a reminder, 630 tonight. I will wait around until about 730 to see if anyone comes.

I think there will be 2-3 of us most like maybe 1 more.

i"ll be there

#11 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:17 AM

Good games lastnight.

We had 4 players, Damon (dormouse), James (Bray), Nick (Nick-ler) and myself (Mike)

I jousted Bray 3 times and one twice. I was running a Stark/Tully Swarm deck and Bray was playing a Bara shadow deck. It was a race to Valor all three games.

I think Dormouse and Nick-ler played a could as well, not sure of the outcome.

The last game of the night was 4 player Melee. Bray and I played the same decks and Nick-ler was playing Lanni and Dormouse Targ.

I got The Blackfish and Ned out early, only to be Valor'd turn 3. That pretty well took all of my major threats out of the game.

Eventually, I started building back up with Tully characters and started to get Riverrun going but at that point it was too late, Nick built up enought power to win before I could get back in it.

It seemed like Bray's deck stalled out a bit and I don't think Damon got his Targ going either (I didn't really help that matter much).

Fun games guys, hope to see you there again soon.

#12 Bray

Bray

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

I very much enjoyed all four games that I played, and especially the two that I lost to Mike's Tully deck. Both of those games ended on the 6th plot, with Mike's 7th plot card being Valar Morghulis. In both cases I had all of his duplicates and Bodyguards removed, had him down to 2 or fewer cards in hand, and had at least 8-10 cards myself. If the 7th plot went off in either game, it would have nearly ensured a victory. Riverrun proved to be too much to handle though.

I'll try to clean up the deck and some of my play errors, and hopefully make a better showing of it next time.

#13 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:04 AM

Bray said:

I'll try to clean up the deck and some of my play errors, and hopefully make a better showing of it next time.

it was fun playing against you guys, and bray, you seem like a quick learner. i'm a little worried you might pick the gam up a little too quickly ^__^

#14 Bray

Bray

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for the compliment.

I'm planning to be there again this Thursday. I can stay as late as anyone wants, and like last week I'll try to beat traffic and get there around 4:30. I'll be dinking around in the mezzanine until people show up.

#15 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

Bray said:

Thanks for the compliment.

I'm planning to be there again this Thursday. I can stay as late as anyone wants, and like last week I'll try to beat traffic and get there around 4:30. I'll be dinking around in the mezzanine until people show up.

I will be there. Not sure exactly when. I should be there by 630, but I may be able to get there earlier. 

I have tuned up the Tully deck and built a Lannister deck.

#16 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

i'll be there too.

#17 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

Looks like I'll be making it there somewhere around 6-6:30 depending on traffic.

#18 Bounder

Bounder

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:24 AM

Good melee game lastnight guys.

Decks:

Me-Tully Siege

Nick- Targ Burn

James- Bara Shadows/control

Early on I was able to get going pretty quick with Ned+multiple Tullys. I raced up to 12-13 power and was holding a Battle of the Whispering Wood in hand for next turn. Had a good setup, had a very good chance of taking it in round 4 and then James Valared. I probably shouldn't have over extended, but I was close.

From hear on out it was more or less a battle between Jame and Nick. I did manage to get the Blackfish out and some other tullys and started to look like I could do something, then Nick got The Blackfish and Cat with burn. Nick and James both were within 2 power of winning for a while but the game stalled out again and I built back up a bit with Edmure's host, Wall Septon and two Knights of the Red Fork. It was too late though, and Nick held off James for the win.

Good game, we all were close to winning at one point or another. I thought Nick was going to burst a vein trying to draw Wilding, but he still came away with the win.

#19 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

September 19th @ gamers den, lcg tourney

more info in the meta-sota thread. > new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

#20 Bray

Bray

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:00 AM

I'm planning to be at the FFG EC tomorrow (9/16).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS