Photo

FFG Games Recommendations (for camping!)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shadowtag

shadowtag

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

I'm not sure where else to post this question, so I picked this forum! :-)

I'm going beach camping with my kids next week and since I love every FFG game I've played, I'm looking for some recommendations of FFG games that would work ok while camping.  So, not a bajillion pieces, fairly portable, playable on a picnic table or in a tent.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

Citadels would be good.

#3 atomicker

atomicker

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:26 AM

As much as I love Citadels I've had younger players zone out on me during that game, so I think it really depends on what your kids are into. Chaos Marauders might be good if they're in the right age group. Maybe Aye Dark Overlord? Cave Troll is one of the smaller boardgames once it's all out on the table, so that might work. My all-time favourite mass-appeal FFG game has got to be Ingenious, and while that might be light on the components compared to a monster like World of Warcraft, you might think it a little too fussy for camping. Too bad the new Ingenious Challenges hasn't come out yet, that might have fit the bill.

If you look any of these up on Boardgamegeek.com, they ought to have photos of the game in progress so you can judge whether or not it would work on your trip. Let us know what you decide to take! :)

#4 shadowtag

shadowtag

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:10 AM

Thanks for the ideas!  

I've had my kids zone out during Citadels too!

I haven't tried Cave Troll yet.  I'll give that one a try and see how it works while camping.  Maybe I'll take Drakon with me as well.  I'll definitely be leaving Descent at home! 

#5 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

if you have regret for your love tv show ,come to collectcheapdvd

more tv shows at collectcheapdvd

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS