[Questions] - Pits in Inner Region / Crown of Command fight with other players

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 El-DoX

El-DoX

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

After last play on talisman 4th revised i need some rule explanations.

Inner Region, Pits encounter. I roll a 4, then i must kill 4 Pitfiends to pass next on Valley of Fire. Now i have strength 10 + roll a die, Pitfiends have no choices. I kill them all in this turn or one at a turn? I think Pitfiends are little bit weakness... So i use a Runesword, great combo to get 4 life counter? Amazing...

Inner Region, Crown of Command. I win a round against other player. My enemy roll a 5 and with armor he preserve his life, right? But if i have the Runesword i take his life anyway or i take one from the avaiable pool counters? Of course, first, i take his armour, but if an enemy has only one life... 

Thanks to all for any suggestion...

#2 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

El-DoX said:

After last play on talisman 4th revised i need some rule explanations.

Inner Region, Pits encounter. I roll a 4, then i must kill 4 Pitfiends to pass next on Valley of Fire. Now i have strength 10 + roll a die, Pitfiends have no choices. I kill them all in this turn or one at a turn? I think Pitfiends are little bit weakness... So i use a Runesword, great combo to get 4 life counter? Amazing...

Inner Region, Crown of Command. I win a round against other player. My enemy roll a 5 and with armor he preserve his life, right? But if i have the Runesword i take his life anyway or i take one from the avaiable pool counters? Of course, first, i take his armour, but if an enemy has only one life... 

Thanks to all for any suggestion...

The Runesword only allows you to gain a Life when you cause an Enemy or another character to lose a Life. This means:

1. You do not gain a life each time you defeat a Pitfiend. A Pitfiend is not an Enemy. An Enemy is an Adventure card with the keyword Enemy on it.

2. If you win a Battle against another character and he has Armour, if he makes his "saving throw," he does not lose a Life. Therefore, you do not gain a Life from attacking with the Runesword.

#3 SubElement

SubElement

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:40 PM

Yuppo! Gentle is correct with his answers!

#4 El-DoX

El-DoX

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

SubElement said:

no, you are in error. read rules on page 10. a creature is any encounter that attacks with strength. So everything on Talisman (board, cards...) with Strength can be "assassinated".

#5 SubElement

SubElement

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

El-DoX said:

SubElement said:

no, you are in error. read rules on page 10. a creature is any encounter that attacks with strength. So everything on Talisman (board, cards...) with Strength can be "assassinated".

Wait, what?

Assassinated? What are you talking about?

#6 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:21 PM

Assassination..

If the Assassin can use his assassinate ability on creatures directly from the boards (which is a entirely different discussion) then the runesword would also work on board creatures as well.

#7 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

HallowKnight said:

Assassination..

If the Assassin can use his assassinate ability on creatures directly from the boards (which is a entirely different discussion) then the runesword would also work on board creatures as well.

I'm not sure it does (not sure about a lot of things lately, given the weird things going on), but difference is the minor, yet important between Assassin and Runesword. RS has a "keyword" Enemy, which is defined on p. 10 of the rulebook, i.e. Adventure card with a keyword Enemy on it (like GentleGamer said). Assassin on the other hand talks about attacking and being attacked, which, according to the last update by El (again, IIRC, too lazy to check), mean diddly-squat, as the Assassin can assassinate everytime he is in a Battle (only losing the ability when another player initiates the Battle), and thus can wipe out the Pitfiends with his starting strenght value  , and try for Sentinel.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#8 El-DoX

El-DoX

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

SubElement said:

Assassinated? What are you talking about?

I apologize for my english... 

#9 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

Well lets look at the other topic on this Thread.

Pit Fiends... Definantly disapointed that these characters were not changed in some way.. THere were long threads of discussion back on the BI and first FFG Forum boards about this.  They are just too weak. 

Without the Gnome, or Dwarf.  The avarge roll of three dice in the mines is, 3.5*3 or 10.5

This means you should have at least an 11, to be on the advantage side of the dice roll.  Having this 11, means your minimum roll on the pit fiends space is 12.  Maximum roll on, for the fiends is 10.

The only time it seems to come into play, is when a character is chasing someone down who has already gone up the middle.  Other than that, the space is really just a whole lot of nutten.  Much like the Valley of Fire space.  you land there, and thats is.

#10 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:04 PM

HallowKnight said:

Pit Fiends... Definantly disapointed that these characters were not changed in some way.. THere were long threads of discussion back on the BI and first FFG Forum boards about this.  They are just too weak. 

Without the Gnome, or Dwarf.  The avarge roll of three dice in the mines is, 3.5*3 or 10.5

This means you should have at least an 11, to be on the advantage side of the dice roll.  Having this 11, means your minimum roll on the pit fiends space is 12.  Maximum roll on, for the fiends is 10.

Eh? Did FFG change Mines? AFAIK, Mines is the Craft-path, where the Pit Fiends are still a speed bump at best, but are there to prevent say Wizard drawing early Gnome + Talisman from rushing the CoC with 2 Str.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#11 ameritrasher

ameritrasher

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:51 AM

Dam said:

HallowKnight said:

Eh? Did FFG change Mines? AFAIK, Mines is the Craft-path, where the Pit Fiends are still a speed bump at best, but are there to prevent say Wizard drawing early Gnome + Talisman from rushing the CoC with 2 Str.

No, the mines were not changed in the new version.

HallowKnight is just smoking some good stuff and I want some!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS