Hunch card question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wordmaker

Wordmaker

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:51 AM

Hi all. This is my first post to these forums, and I have a question about the colours of the Hunch cards.

My wife got me Android for Christmas (she's awesome, it's great having a wife who's a gamer), and both the "Innocent" and "Guilty" Hunch cards for Vinnie have a blue backing. Is it supposed to be like this, or is there a printing error in my copy? If it's an error, does anyone know if I can do anything about it (shy of returning the entire game), or if I'll have to work out a way to have the Hunch cards completely hidden from view during play?

#2 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:51 AM

This is definitely wrong.  The "guilty" cards should have a red back.  Email FFG.  They have great customer service for stuff like this.

TK

"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn

#3 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

If this was a CCG, I'd advise you to keep the printing error as its worth would undoubtley increase. ;)

#4 El-Adoran Sureshot

El-Adoran Sureshot

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:18 AM

I know it sounds really silly, but double-check and make sure that the card is really a misprint. When I opened my copy on Christmas I thought I had the exact same problem. I was just about to ask about it online when I realized that the Thomas Haas innocent hunch was stuck to the back of Vinnie's guilty hunch, making it look like the back was printed with the wrong color.

#5 Wordmaker

Wordmaker

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

Yeah...turns out that's exactly what it was. Got together for the first game today (I picked out a case that wouldn't require us to use Vinnie), and it turns out the card was just stuck to one of the others. :-o

#6 Paul Grogan

Paul Grogan

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:14 PM

Brilliant! Glad to see how other people were caught out by this.  

I was about to write to Thadd (Customer Services) to say "I'm missing a guilty card", until I found it using the same method

#7 El-Adoran Sureshot

El-Adoran Sureshot

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

When I first opened my cards and saw the "misprint" I was doubly dismayed--not only because I thought the game was defective, but also because I had just requested replacement StarCraft pieces and didn't want to bother Thaad again.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS