dungeon Vs Munckin quest

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HellBoundOL

HellBoundOL

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:12 AM

recently aquired Munkin dungeon.... just for fun an it looks like it'll play the same Lay a tile Do whats in room but with alot more and i can say honestly i WANT DUNGEON QUEST NOW!!!! hahaha Gen con luckys!!! grrrr hahaa

#2 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:36 AM

HellBoundOL said:

recently aquired Munkin dungeon.... just for fun an it looks like it'll play the same Lay a tile Do whats in room but with alot more and i can say honestly i WANT DUNGEON QUEST NOW!!!! hahaha Gen con luckys!!! grrrr hahaa

I've never played Munchkin Quest, but I've heard it's basically the same as the card game only harder since your figure has to actually be nearby another in order to help/hinder his battle.

#3 Titeman

Titeman

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:50 AM

With having to roll and put bases on the monsters, drawing rooms AND three door tiles quite often along lots of other fiddliness I quickly traded Munchkin Quest away.  I'd rather just whip out the card game...

--------------------------------------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

#4 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

Munchkin Quest: half the fun of Munchkin, but in five times the length!

#5 larienna

larienna

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:08 AM

How about a muchkin dungeon quest expansion. You add stuff to the game that makes the character abuse the game. That could be awesome and reverse the odd: You have 115% chance to succeed.

#6 SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:50 AM

My group plays Munchkin now and again - and we quite enjoy it... (with the exception of one of the guys who just can't stand to lose... really ruins the night if he's in a mood...)

anyway - we found that we love Munchkin quest - sure some of the pieces you have to pull can be annoying... but hey - just be organized. We play with 5-6 players with the expansion. We have one person who pulls the floor tiles and another who pulls door tiles and so on - and that's their "job" when we play to quickly pull that stuff together.

I will like DQ and MQ both for different reasons and will play and own both. The main difference I see is with DQ - there really is no other player interference... But as the game of MQ goes on and on the players get a little more malicious and fun and somehow it just gets more fun to negatively effect the other players. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS