Photo

Call of Cthulhu in the Athens, GA or Atlanta, GA and surrounding area!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ArCh@IcStraIN

ArCh@IcStraIN

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:00 AM

Hey, anyone in the Athens to Atlanta, GA area that wanna play Call of Cthulhu or Warhammer: Invasion? I am pretty new to the LCG gaming system. I played M:tG forever and wanted a change so now I'm trying to find any and all players in the surrounding areas to get a group together. I am willing to meet halfway or trade off driving to each other. Also, I will be at DragonCon this year and would love to play anyone going to the event.

#2 ArCh@IcStraIN

ArCh@IcStraIN

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:34 AM

Seriously?  Does anyone play this game in Georgia?

#3 Chattur'gha

Chattur'gha

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

I have been wanting to play this game but have not been brave enough to buy it yet.

Have you tried finding people to play with at The Tower Games in Lawrenceville. There are usually people around there who will play whatever.

#4 MountainRoot

MountainRoot

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

I play CoC here in Athens... but i only play for fun. I don't have a ton of cards but i really really like the game and i will try any deck.

#5 Nerull

Nerull

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:54 AM

Well, since this thread was already bumped, I'll contribute. I am living in north GA currently, though I often go down to the Atlanta area, and I have recently been interested in getting into this game. I only have the core set so far, but would be more than willing to invest in more cards if I actually had people to play with on a semi-regular basis. I have been to Tower Gaming, and would be willing to meet there, or anywhere else around north Atlanta or Athens to play CoC, and/or other games. Let me know if there are any groups around, or if anyone would just want to start one.

#6 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:27 AM

You may want to head over to CardGameDB, since it features a member map: www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php

#7 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

Nerull said:

Well, since this thread was already bumped, I'll contribute. I am living in north GA currently, though I often go down to the Atlanta area, and I have recently been interested in getting into this game. I only have the core set so far, but would be more than willing to invest in more cards if I actually had people to play with on a semi-regular basis. I have been to Tower Gaming, and would be willing to meet there, or anywhere else around north Atlanta or Athens to play CoC, and/or other games. Let me know if there are any groups around, or if anyone would just want to start one.

Two of us have been meeting every other Tuesday at a place called Raven's Nest Comics & Games, but the closest places to me are Hobbytown in Kennesaw and Gigabites.  Tower is on the other side of town from me, about 55 minutes drive.  Coming from the north Hobbytown would be closest for you I think.

Let me know when you'd like to meet up and we'll figure something out.

#8 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

I just found out that Tower Games has moved (not very far though).  From their web page:

The Tower Game Center is changing locations!

We are moving just down the road from our current location to this new address:

145 Satellite Blvd,Suite A

Suwanee, GA 30024

#9 Nerull

Nerull

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

Not sure why this forum doesn't have a PM function... Anyway, when I said that I am in North GA, I meant NE really, up I-985. That's why I most often hang out in the Buford/Lawrenceville/Dacula area. Tower is a nice store, but any time I have been there, the crowd was almost entirely 12 year olds playing Naruto and Yugioh. I have had far better luck finding people(read: adults) interested in Cthulhu, Magic, and other such games at Phoenix Games in Buford, or World of Heroes in Dacula. I have heard of Raven's Nest in Marietta, but I've never been there. It'd be a bit far for me to go there often, but I could on occasion if there's something significant going on...

#10 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

It does have sort of a PM function, only it's hidden and not very good.  You have to configure that person as a Friend before you can do it, that's why you haven't seen it.

I can meet at the new Tower location sometime, Saturdays are best for me, but with them not opening for another 2 weeks and Christmas & New Year's approaching soon after that I'm guessing we might not be able to fit it in until January.

Raven's Nest would be pretty far for you.  Let me put it this way... Tower (old location) is about 50 minutes for me going east, and then Raven's Nest is about 20-25 minutes the other direction (worse on weeknights).  It's not so much that it's far as that you have to go through a lot of small local roads with poor traffic flow.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS