Co-Op LCG

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Xiayose

Xiayose

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

Being a large fan of Arkham Horror, I am extremely excited to hear about a co-op LCG, escpecially since it lists as playable in 30 - 90 minutes. This sounds like a great way to have fun co-op play when I don't have time for Arkham Horror.

#2 Wilding

Wilding

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

The only issue I have with this idea is will tournament structure be at all possible?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I do love just playing kitchen table and all, but I enjoy playing in a large gathering tournament style.

#3 Xiayose

Xiayose

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

If there is a method of scoring your game you could still do a tournament, it just wouldn't be as directly competative.

#4 GmasterJ

GmasterJ

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

One possiblity that has me intrigued is the possiblity that tournaments would be between teams of players competing to achieve the best or highest-scoring victory against a tournament scenario.

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

Or possibly maybe time based to see which team can defeat a common tournament scenario in the shortest length of time.

#6 Nephrinn

Nephrinn

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

Are you kidding me? A cooperative living card game? This is ingenious! GOD, I can't wait.

#7 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

I have to say I am incredibly intrigued by the co-op aspect of this game, and the length of time for a game. There is a prt of me that is worried about how this game is going to actually work, but I am sure that FFG has spent alot of time working on this game, and has worked out any problems that might have arisen. I will definitely have to give this game a shot when it comes out.

#8 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

This game is going to be a first-day buy for my roommate and I.  We both love how LCGs work, both like Tolkien, and both enjoy co-op games.

#9 dbeman

dbeman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

A brilliant concept....which will hopefully be brilliantly executed. Time will tell.

As to those who are itching for tournament play....there are plenty of other card games out there that are based around tournament play.

#10 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

sure, but no reason this one can't be as well. Just would be different, which isn't a bad idea.

#11 DB.Cooper

DB.Cooper

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

I think I can die for this one. :)

I'm not a big LotR lover, but I do like the general environment and the co-op idea. :) Let's see...

#12 Tobogan

Tobogan

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

Singleplayer LCG constructible card game. Just what a guy whose wife doesn't like card games needs.

#13 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:06 AM

The co-op part is indeed intriguing.

All I know is that this is going on my must buy list for theme alone. I wanted this to be the next LCG for a while now. Thanks FFG.

#14 Coastercinder

Coastercinder

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

I hope this game makes it to Essen 2010, it will be a must-buy for me.

#15 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:21 AM

I can't see myself not buying this game.  Even on the half-assed chance that I'm not fond of it...

I have a new cult of Arkham Horror friends (who had all given up gaming) that have been reawakened by the appeal of cooperative gaming.  Defeat the GAME, not each other.  Most of them aren't what I would call Lovecraft fans, and they still love Arkham Horror.  However, many of them ARE Tolkein fans.  If THEY are going to love this more than I do, I will totally take a chance on buying this game.

And I was just daydreaming about the possibilities since I read the Death Angel rules...

What was that noise?

#16 c8tiff

c8tiff

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:24 AM

how much is this like the original lord of the rings collectible card game??? yes it was cooperative too..

#17 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:25 AM

c8tiff said:

how much is this like the original lord of the rings collectible card game??? yes it was cooperative too..

I used to play the old ICE Middle Earth game and that wasn't co-op and I never saw a co-op game if the Decipher LotR game either.

#18 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:17 AM

Deciphers and ME ccg were both competitive games, I know I own both of them.

I hope this one draws from the books more than those movies.

#19 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:36 AM

Dear FFG:

I've come to the conclusion it would just be easier to send you my actual credit card. That way, you could just keep it on the desk and run it through the machine for every new release. I see it as a great time-saver.

Thanks,

TheDukester

#20 High Elves 77

High Elves 77

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

Just when you think it can't get any better....it does!  FFG is just an unbelievable gaming company.  I had totally given up on buying card games...it always turned in to an "arms race" with my friends resulting in the spending of massive amounts of money.  The LCG format has solved that problem.  First, it's Warhammer Invasion, now this, a solitaire, co-op LCG.  There is no doubt in my mind that FFG has the brightest and best minds in the gaming business today.  Keep it up!

P.S.-Love this new Blood Bowl card game too!!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS